DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi threw a tantrum and chucked all the toys out of the pram

hawkinsuk

Reactions
OK, well that's the technical bit sorted. Today I wanted to test out 'Track' on Litchi and, given the wind conditions, it did OK but could do better and then with the MM1 still airborne, I switched to Orbit which it did well but when I cancelled it and started to lose height to land, the performance became erratic. I managed to grab it and hold it like a child in a strop but couldn't stop the propellers wizzing round. In the end I just waited until the battery ran out of power.

Before I go digging into the .txt files, am I right in thinking that it is necessary, before changing modes, to land and switch off the drone first? I just have a sense that it was thoroughly confused. I should add that I put in a new battery and started it again with DJI Fly and it was fine.

OK, well that's the technical bit sorted. Today I wanted to test out 'Track' on Litchi and, given the wind conditions, it did OK but could do better and then with the MM1 still airborne, I switched to Orbit which it did well but when I cancelled it and started to lose height to land, the performance became erratic. I managed to grab it and hold it like a child in a strop but couldn't stop the propellers wizzing round. In the end I just waited until the battery ran out of power.

Before I go digging into the .txt files, am I right in thinking that it is necessary, before changing modes, to land and switch off the drone first? I just have a sense that it was thoroughly confused. I should add that I put in a new battery and started it again with DJI Fly and it was fine.

Just so you know if you didn't already, If you hand catch and some issue like that appears again. Remember: "Tight Grip then Flip". Rolling DJI inverted after hand catching instantly kills the motors ;)

Many thanks. You're absolutely right! I have never flipped the drone to stop it and at that moment didn't even think of it. I'll remember next time :) Should I stop and restart the drone between mode changes? Mike

Reactions: hiflyer201
Just so you know if you didn't already, If you hand catch and some issue like that appears again. Remember: "Tight Grip then Flip". Rolling DJI inverted after hand catching instantly kills the motors ;)

Good info, I didn't know that.

Thanks for the feedback. As a footnote, I went out again yesterday and did the same routines but switched off everything between mode changes and all was fine. I'm not convinced that it is necessary to do that between all modes, so I'll keep working on it :) Mike

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DvrkDrone