DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi - Up, Up and Almost Away!

NAUIDIVER

Reactions
Wow. Okay, scary. Ran a saved route and my Mavic decided to climb to over 600 feet! I got her back down, but holy cow, that wasn't on the flight plan! Ran the route a second time and it ran perfectly.

Not sure what happened. Log data saved to Airdata if someone with skills wants to look it over... Since I'm a N00b here, I'll have to search for instructions on how and where to post. But that's not hard...

Let me know if any of the skilled members here would like to sleuth this one out for me... Thanks!

EDIT: Airdata Log Link -- Airdata UAV - Flight Data Analysis for Drones

Last edited:
Share your Litchi mission too. There's nothing untoward in this basic data (you need to share your DAT file to get better info). The only thing I see out of place was the message at 8 minutes for "63% Battery at maximum distance" but this was after the craft ascended, not before.

Share your Litchi mission too. There's nothing untoward in this basic data (you need to share your DAT file to get better info). The only thing I see out of place was the message at 8 minutes for "63% Battery at maximum distance" but this was after the craft ascended, not before.

okay, finally sat down and pulled the logs off my MP. I have the DAT file. Here is the link...
Dropbox - FLY020.DAT

okay, finally sat down and pulled the logs off my MP. I have the DAT file. Here is the link...
Dropbox - FLY020.DAT
The reason for the ascent is the vps sensor started indicating the Mavic was close to the ground.
upload_2017-9-16_9-47-0.png
There has been a lot of speculation why the vpsHeight sensor will, at times, gives a false indication.

This would have continued indefinitely had it not been that at time 523.018 you input full back throttle. Since the Mavic thought it was close to the ground it entered into the VERT_LOW_LIMIT_LANDING flight action state.
upload_2017-9-16_9-50-34.png

The reason for the ascent is the vps sensor started indicating the Mavic was close to the ground.
View attachment 21821
There has been a lot of speculation why the vpsHeight sensor will, at times, gives a false indication.

This would have continued indefinitely had it not been that at time 523.018 you input full back throttle. Since the Mavic thought it was close to the ground it entered into the VERT_LOW_LIMIT_LANDING flight action state.
View attachment 21822

Thanks for the analysis. It was a very challenging manual return to to home effort to bring the bird back. I did it but was sweating bullets for a bit. Hasn’t happened since but wow if that happened during a disconnected litchi waypoints flight.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colin King