DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi WayPoint Mission + Gimbal Control when RC Disconnects

MrBroBot

Reactions
Hi there,
Hoping someone knows the answer to this...
I currently have a Spark and can confirm that if I do a Litchi waypoint mission and lose connection to the Spark during flight, the gimbal will not adjust to the angles set at each waypoint.
If the Spark remains connected, all is well.

I read this post: MavAir / Litchi / Waypoint Missions / Gimbal Pitch Issue
I believe they're talking about the MavAir - a few people in there are saying the gimbal control remains even if they lose connection during flight (even though in Litchi's user manual it says that it will not work).

I'm thinking about buying a MavAir2, but would like to confirm this first... I'm thinking if the gimbal control works for the MavAir, then it should hopefully work for the MavAir2 (if a disconnect occurs).

Any help would be appreciated - thanks.

The Mavic Air 2 currently does not have SDK support for 3rd party apps and thus Litchi does not work. There is some talk that 3rd party SDK support will be added by DJI in the next few months. If/when that happens, Litchi would be able to add MA2 support to their app.

Regarding your question: If the instructions are being sent from the Litchi app via the controller, it only makes sense that the controller would need to maintain connection for those instructions to be sent. The Occusync 2.0 system on the MA2 does a lot better at staying connected than the wifi based systems on the Spark and MA1.

Full disclosure, I know a lot more about the software industry than I do about drones.

Reactions: dawgpilot
Thanks for your quick reply.

Yes, the Litchi app sends the instructions via the controller... but for waypoint missions, those instructions (waypoints) are loaded into the drone before the mission begins.
This is why if I lose connection to the Spark, it continues on its WP mission just fine - the only thing it doesn't do is adjust the gimbal.
The gimbal adjust "instructions" do seem to need the connection alive, as they're sent "on-the-fly" (no pun intended). :)

That post I linked to above, for the MavAir, it may seem that the gimbal instructions are pre-loaded into the drone when the WPs are, and thus not needing a connection to the app at all times, and still control the gimbal.

Fair enough, I've never used Litchi. I probably should have shut my mouth about that part. ?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143