DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi waypoint

35degSouth

Reactions
I set up my Mavic Pro to go to 5 waypoints, the last one being back to the start. When it was about 2 kilometres away it disconnected, probably because there were too many objects in the line of sight. I assumed it would then finish it's mission and fly home but in fact it stopped where it disconnected and I had to drive to where it was and land it. Is that normal? I thought that if you load a mission into the Mavic it will complete it whether it keeps a connection or not.

Reactions: jake20934
I set up my Mavic Pro to go to 5 waypoints, the last one being back to the start. When it was about 2 kilometres away it disconnected, probably because there were too many objects in the line of sight. I assumed it would then finish it's mission and fly home but in fact it stopped where it disconnected and I had to drive to where it was and land it. Is that normal? I thought that if you load a mission into the Mavic it will complete it whether it keeps a connection or not.
What do you have it set to do? I'm not 100% sure but I believe there are options in App?

I always use RTH mode and have the last Waypoint near my starting Waypoint. The drone completes the Mission even if communications is lost. However, I found this note in the forum.

Lownbttr said:
Thanks for the clarification. I'm just starting to use Litchi, and that wasn't clear from the user manual. when I tested out the "Reverse" finishing action in Waypoint mode, I was concerned because it just stopped at the last waypoint and hovered. I assumed it would return along the path after the last waypoint. I simply put it back into P mode and brought it back manually and searched this forum for an answer!
Your wise to ask that question!

One would think an autonomous flight is hands off. Well not with that feature, your R/C needs to be connected in order for it to work. Else your bird will just hover at the last waypoint .

Almost ended up loosing my bird as I figured it would just go back and forth between the waypoints. Got lucky and was able to run up a hill and get an RC signal back.

Does Litchi load the Mavic with the complete waypoint mission? Or does it need the controller to send individual waypoints?

Does Litchi load the Mavic with the complete waypoint mission? Or does it need the controller to send individual waypoints?
It currently uploads it to the drone which is why it doesn’t work with the Mini or the MA2.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maliyindian