DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi Zoom

jasper43

Reactions
Morning all, (well it is in uk)

Can anyone tell me if you can set litchi waypoint actions to automatically zoom in to a particular position or POI during a waypoint mission? (During pre mission planning) Or, do you have to do it manually during the mission.

Not got litchi yet but just looking at what it can do

Cheers

Hi Jasper43

I have litchi, and have used it on many waypoint missions, I have never seen an option to program a zoom into a POI.... although have to say I have not updated my version of litchi since the summer, ( I'm on version 2.6.2 ) so maybe something has changed by now, but I think I would have heard about it in the forum by now.
Having said that, litchi offers you a way to both pilot the drone, and importantly allows you to concentrate on filming at the same time, for under £ 25.00 that is a good deal.

Waylander

Hi Jasper43

I have litchi, and have used it on many waypoint missions, I have never seen an option to program a zoom into a POI.... although have to say I have not updated my version of litchi since the summer, ( I'm on version 2.6.2 ) so maybe something has changed by now, but I think I would have heard about it in the forum by now.
Having said that, litchi offers you a way to both pilot the drone, and importantly allows you to concentrate on filming at the same time, for under £ 25.00 that is a good deal.

Waylander

Thanks waylander, litchi only updated the app For Mavic 2 zoom shortly after it was released in September and as far as I can see the only options for an “action” at a waypoint are start/stop recording or take photo, so probably no zoom option.

A couple of other things you might be able to answer for me is if you have a saved mission that you subsequently load and fly with the drone on the ground at say 50 metres from waypoint 1, when you select start mission, does the drone take off, update home point and then climb vertically to the height set for waypoint 1 BEFORE flying to waypoint 1 to start the mission? Also, if you have the litchi app on iPhone, can you plan and save a mission on a pc (signed into your account) and then load it onto your iPhone after signing into same account? Thanks for your help.

Reactions: ff22
Hi Jasper43

So if you have a waypoint mission saved, and in the future you return to the approximate same location and take off, the home point will update to the coordinates at which you take off, ( assuming that is what you have previously set ).
If your first way point is at 50 Mtrs and you are hovering at say 20 meters when you up load the mission the drone will ascend to 50 Mtrs and fly towards WP 1.

However if you have set the mission speed to a walking pace then the drone flies to WP 1 at that speed, so if you are 100 mtrs from WP 1 when you take off, you waste that time whilst the drone gets to WP 1.

If I know my mission start point (WP 1) no matter where I am I fly manually at what ever speed I like to a point close to where WP 1 is, and then I start the mission, so if I am above WP 1 she descends to the WP 1 set altitude and vice versa.

I plan my missions in litchi Hub on my PC, and provided you are logged into your account on your iphone and you have 4G or other internet access you can choose any of your missions from the litchi Hub.

Here is a link for you to get started.

Regards
Waylander

Reactions: ff22
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member