DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2 Pro Little Church in a Field

Paul B

Reactions
I've been cycling past this little gem for many years. I now have a Mavic 2 pro and decided it was about time I videoed it - the church not my bike ride! It dates from the 11th century and there was, I believe, a small village in mediaeval times. The village has now gone. The website details some excellent paintings inside the church. Unfortunately, the church is currently shut due to Covid restrictions. I will return! I will also return when a steam train is programmed to run along the railway line.

Little Church in the Field

Train.jpg

Nice and thanks for sharing.

Nice wee video. I like the warm colour tone and the slow movement/transitions. They lend themselves well to the subject. ?

For some constructive criticism; a longer range, faster flyby mayhave slotted in well, replacing the closer slow shots. This would put the subject more in it's context, and there are almost too many of the same style shots. The faster pan at 2:10 is a little jarring to watch, though the temporary blurring helps a bit. I struggle to get faster panning shots to look good so tend to avoid them. Anyway... overall it's a good video, so don't want to sound negative!

PS - I like the hi-vis vest. Do you find people give you a bit more respect when you wear it?

Constructive criticism always welcome, thanks. I fully accept what you say about the fast panning, that’s why the blur is there, I felt seasick looking at it! I will try your suggestions re-the faster fly-bys on my next escapade.
No problems with passers-by, whether that was the high viz vest or not I don’t know.

Reactions: scro
I've been cycling past this little gem for many years. I now have a Mavic 2 pro and decided it was about time I videoed it - the church not my bike ride! It dates from the 11th century and there was, I believe, a small village in mediaeval times. The village has now gone. The website details some excellent paintings inside the church. Unfortunately, the church is currently shut due to Covid restrictions. I will return! I will also return when a steam train is programmed to run along the railway line.
Hi Paul,
what a lovely and calm place. good and smoth flight, I enjoyed the video, thanks for sharing ???
cheers Paul aka Jack43

View attachment 128639
Nice. Try mine .. YouTube .. search..Merv konongorring

View attachment 128639

Very well done.

I am with scro on the faster panning shot. I tend to edit them out.

I also like to keep myself hidden and not in the video and would have stood in the trees at the side of the field but maybe that is just my preference.

Again. Excellent stuff.

Greetings Alex, Agree about the fast planning - see my reply to Scro above. Like you, I don't like to appear in my videos. I did Photoshop myself out from the stills. Don't know how to edit myself from videos! The land is private property, owned by Winchester College and leased to a local farmer. The TOAL is a public footpath, so was perfectly entitled to be there doing what I was doing. As a courtesy I informed the farmer of my intentions. I did have permission from the vicar to overfly the church.
The trees are a bit far away to keep proper VLOS.
Glad you like it & thanks for the kind comments.

What a wonderful scenery and little church! Thanks for posting Paul!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929