DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Long Exposure

T9Creative

Reactions
I've been really trying to push my Mavic 2 Pro to what kind of photos I can get. Have definitely made some progress on long exposure shots but still have some work to do. However, just can't get past the fact how awesome drones and aerial photography are! Thought I'd share from what I got last night. Again, still room for improvement that I hope to figure out over time and more experimenting.

Edit: Yes, I'm Part 107, this photo was approx 15 mins past sunset and I had a strobe on.

LDS001.jpg

Last edited:
Nice photo and see you already warded off the questions and concerns with your

Edit: Yes, I'm Part 107, this photo was approx 15 mins past sunset and I had a strobe on.

@k84040 & @PC Castleton After I fine-tune things and get some better results, I hope to publish a blog article about how I"m doing it, so I don't necessarily want to give everything away right now (sorry, I realize that's kind of a jerky move, hope you understand a little bit though), especially if I find some improvements.

However, I will say this, definitely use an ND filter, for the Mavic 2 Pro always try with larger aperture rather than smaller (this is kind of counter-intuitive if you're into say regular still photography and a tripod and trying a long-exposure) but initial results are a better quality image with a larger aperture, and also don't even try if the wind is generally above 4-5mph. And then base your shutter speed on those settings and your scene/environment.

are you using any filters?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
odofi