DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Longer cable Between RC-NI Controller and Smart Device?

Conservative Nihilist

Reactions
I've just ordered a Mini 3, and don't have possession of it yet, so my question is based on observations of pictures showing this drone and its accessories. With my current Phantom 3S, Mavic 1P, and Mavic 2P drones, I connect the RC controller to my iPad via a three-foot-long USB to Apple "lightning" connector. The iPad goes in a shoulder bag hung by a strap around my neck, which shades the screen nicely on sunny days while also allowing for excellent visibility with no glare, of the iPad screen.

I intend to use the same travel bag as a sunshade for the iPad when my new Mini 3 arrives, but looking at the cables that are supplied with the Mini 3, I am unsure if the DJI-RCN1 connector is a unique proprietary connector, or not. This is important because all three connection cables supplied with the Mini 3 appear to be way too short to stretch between the RC controller and the iPad in my shoulder bag.

My question, therefore, is whether any Mini 3 owners might be aware of any online vendors where I can order a LONGER cable to connect the DJI-RCN1 controller to my iPad, as a substitute for the short stubby cables provided with the drone. Any ideas of where I can find such a longer cable would be greatly appreciated, as I intend to order such a cable right away in the hope it will arrive at about the same time as the drone by the middle of next month.

Thanks in advance for any insights that can be offered on this question that is my first post in the Mini 3 Mavic Pilots' forum.

Try here?

Wow brilliant. This is the place I will find the right cable for sure. Thanks so much, Starz.

Hmm, I celebrated a bit too early. There are quite a few phone mount brackets and such which might be worth buying later, but for now, I haven't spotted the cable I seek so I'll keep checking back here to see if anyone else might be aware of an online vendor who carries longer-than-stock cables to connect the DJI RCN1 controller to an iPad

Last edited:
Wow brilliant. This is the place I will find the right cable for sure. Thanks so much, Starz.

Hmm, I celebrated a bit too early. There are quite a few phone mount brackets and such which might be worth buying later, but for now, I haven't spotted the cable I seek so I'll keep checking back here to see if anyone else might be aware of an online vendor who carries longer-than-stock cables to connect the DJI RCN1 controller to an iPad
have you tried ebay

I'm scouring eBay at this very minute. I buy most of my drone-related items there, so hopefully, I'll hit paydirt sooner or later.
Have you tried Amazon?
I believe you are looking for a USB-C to Lightning connector cable about 3 feet in length

Mark with this specific description you've kindly provided identifying the connector on the DJI RCN1 as a USB-C plug's socket, finding the right cable on eBay will be a piece of cake. In retrospect, I should have framed my question more succinctly at the onset by simply requesting the name of the cable connector which fits the DJI RCN1 controller.

I owe you a beer sir. This mystery is as good as solved now.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_