DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Looking for a Mentor

BDMavic505

Reactions
Living in Eastern Iowa, looking for a mentor in Videography and photography with Mavic Pro 2 and the Mini 2. I am just starting out and looking for someone in the Business. I have a Web Site https://www.EvolutionDronesllc.com and trying to get started in the Eastern Iowa area part-time as I work 50-55 hours a week already but am trying to move into a retirement arena and work part-time with the Drone Business. I am already part 107 certified and fully insured through the AMA. I am using Divinci Resolve as post-production but am open to suggestions. Just need to work with someone who is already working in the Business and am serious about making this work. I have 5 years of experience working with different drone platforms but am sold on the Mavic products. I would like to start out in the Eastern Iowa area and build from there. Thanks for your consideration.

Reactions: Droniac
Here are some points/suggestions I see from your post:

• A) Part time is a tough gig for a business to grow. Your prospective clients are looking for solutions to their problems not trying to add to them. Scheduling issues can be VERY frustrating and you need to be as flesxible as possible to THEIR needs. It's better to not take on a client at all than take one on and not be able to meet their needs/expectations. Once you've fallen below the line it's very hard to get back from there.
  • B) Your website needs to have more FLUFF. It needs to be WOW. Spend more time building your portfolio before making it public. Remember your website if your Store Front (virtually) and it needs to be either AWESOME to the eye or be chocked full of information your client needs to learn/know (or both). You only get ONE first impression.
  • C) Remove the sections on your website (Menu/Price List and Second Category) because they are incomplete. Makes you look incompetent and unable to complete a simple task. Best foot forward always!!
  • D) AMA Insurance - Make sure you have the Commercial Policy because AMA's standard policy excludes any non-Recreational flights. Cover your bases.
  • E) Have you developed/built a comprehensive Business Plan? A solid and thorough (not a couple page template from Google) can save you a TON of $$ and possibly keep you from making several costly mistakes on the front side.

Awesome feedback and will begin cleaning up the site immediately. I can't go full time because I'm already working 50 hours a week so that option is off the table until I retire within a year's time. Still want to get into the field any way I can though.

Reactions: Droniac

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deltabird