DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Looking for gimbal "holder" when changing ND filter

Spudboy

Reactions
Now that filter removal tools exist, I was wondering if anyone makes something to immobilize the cam/gimbal, to minimize stress on the arms and bearings during filter changes.

Thanks

I would rather have the stress on my hands while being able to feel the forces being applied.

Reactions: Turn11
Now that filter removal tools exist, I was wondering if anyone makes something to immobilize the cam/gimbal, to minimize stress on the arms and bearings during filter changes.

We aren't talking about foot pounds of torque, not even inch pounds. you need to push in slightly and turn CCW

I would rather have the stress on my hands while being able to feel the forces being applied

I tend to agree, I trust my hands to feel what is going on. Kinda like RTH or flying it home. I frequently use RTH but I also frequently fly it home to keep in practice.

I would rather have the stress on my hands while being able to feel the forces being applied.

My problem is I inevitably wind up moving the gimbal around a fair bit while struggling to twist the filter into place. Perhaps that will be less of an issue with the removal tool.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jlhdez