DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Looking for hard case for Air 2s that can store landing pad as well

blong10

Reactions
Hello everyone I'm currently looking for a hard case that can store the Air 2s, the fly more combo, and a foldable square landing pad. I believe I can also use a mavic 2 case as that has these as they are almost the same size wise.

As far as hard cases go I it may be a challenge to find a hard case that can store your landing pad too, at least one that is pre-cut. But maybe. The trick is (at least one I use for storing extra stuff) is to secure the foam in the case's lid at the hinge and then find a way to secure the top, like you're making a door out of the foam. The you just stick stuff behind.

I got lucky with both my Mavic 2 and Mini 1 as I had soft cases with pre-cuts and then bought inexpensive Apache 2800 and 3800 cases which the pre-cuts would fit into. When the Mini 2 came out the larger controller made me improvise a bit more. I found a semi-hard case for $17 and then got the Apache 3800 for $30. 95% of the time I just use the semi-hard case. I wasn't quite as lucky with the Mini 2 because the controller made it impossible to use a smaller case that I used with the Mini 1. So I got the Apache 2800 for $23, used the smaller pre-cut foam and then improvised for the rest. While I don't carry a landing pad in the lid I do carry prop guards, a screen shield for the phone extra cabling and a lot of other stuff. And the 2800 fits nicely in my backpack with all that gear, AND in the backpack I can also carry my landing pad, binoculars, extra phone, gloves and a lot of other stuff.

All you have to do is think about this in an abstract manner and your creativity will probably come with the perfect solution. The Apache cases are often discounted deeply at Harbor Freight Tools which is where they came from. These cases are 98% as good as Pelicans.

drone_cases_insert.jpg

1620350313416.png

Check this one out. It's what I use for my MA2, and I think it might fit your needs.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08BFLB2H5/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

RLSOCO Hard Case for DJI Air 2S / DJI Mavic Air 2 Fly More Combo - Fits Mavic Air 2/Air 2S Accessories: Air 2 Body,DJI Smart Controller or Air 2 Controller, Batteries,Charger,Propellers​

I think the case will work for the OP. But to be specific the RLSOCO is a SEMI-hard case. Nothing wrong with that, but worth noting just in case. I used a semi-hard case 98% of the time for my Mavic 2 but then, as I noted above, will put the insert into an Apache shell (Pelican clone) should I need go on an airplane with drone flying cargo [Noting that the batteries have to come into the cabin, not shipped with baggage in the cargo hold].

Last edited:
Reactions: NDWildBill
I find the RLSoco semi-hard case to have fantastic durability. It is tougher than I expected and I can fit everything in a FMC in there. Emphasis on durability and everything.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada