DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

LOS Help for Mini Mav

FreeFall

Reactions
I painted my entire mav mini flat black with testers plastic model paint, and I can tell you this has freed me from a lot of loss fears, I can see my drone now very a very far distance against the sky, my first test today was to rise up to 400 feet and see what I could see, before it was invisible, now I had perfect site of it , even at 400 feet. I believe the single layer of paint to be a very light addition to the unit, and I know it was cheaper than a wrap. flat black mini.jpg

After several feet it becomes a dark silhouette regardless of the color. When it's back-lit with the bright sky it could be Hunter Orange and still look like a black silhouette.

We like to customize our aircraft and that's awesome but after just a hundred or so feet it's still a silhouette.

Reactions: hiflyer201
I'll maybe give it a try, my orange mini does a vanishing act against a 'tree background' at 150m or so.

Reactions: BigAl07
I have a heck of a time seeing mine against the sky once it's a few hundred feet away, so this might help. I would still want to make sure that it doesn't make it harder to see against some backdrops and that it wouldn't affect my DJI Refresh coverage.

I'm more concerned with finding it in the bushes..I know it's going to be backlit in the sky. Flat black looks cool though..I'll sure give you that.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
earthflute