DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Losing Camera View With Battery Change

revitup77

Reactions
New drone pilot here, Mavic Mini1, jumped right into programming flight with Dronelink. May be in a little over my head (ok I'm sure I am) but still have managed a couple of successful, simple, programmed flights. Be sure I am going to be asking a lot of questions.
The first may or may not be related to Dronelink but I didn't see the issue with the GoFly app. When changing batteries I lose the controller live camera view, can't figure out why and can't get it back. Video records fine to SD. I've tried restarting the Dronelink app and turning both the drone and controller off and on, still a black screen. Camera view was fine when I started the flight session with the first battery and works when I switch back to the GoFly app. Can anyone help me figure out what's going on and what I need to do to get the camera view back?

Could it possibly be setting the camera to manual exposure and shutting down the exposure time or aperture, I used that to fly with a black screen when I just wanted to record telemetry, it works quite well.

I would expect that video would not look right if I was affecting camera settings somehow. Today I was careful to shut the drone and camera off before changing batteries, can't swear I did that before, and the problem didn't repeat, so maybe that was it.

Last edited:
New drone pilot here, Mavic Mini1, jumped right into programming flight with Dronelink. May be in a little over my head (ok I'm sure I am) but still have managed a couple of successful, simple, programmed flights. Be sure I am going to be asking a lot of questions.
The first may or may not be related to Dronelink but I didn't see the issue with the GoFly app. When changing batteries I lose the controller live camera view, can't figure out why and can't get it back. Video records fine to SD. I've tried restarting the Dronelink app and turning both the drone and controller off and on, still a black screen. Camera view was fine when I started the flight session with the first battery and works when I switch back to the GoFly app. Can anyone help me figure out what's going on and what I need to do to get the camera view back?
Have you tried stopping filming and turning off the battery?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maliyindian