DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lost connection autopilot

Davyvanmegen

Reactions
Hallo all,

I am using autopilot for about half a year now, and mostly I fly missions very close to the remote controller. Right now I want to fly a mission further away, and I think it will lose connection. I set my settings to ‘end mission on signal loss’ and ‘return to home on end mission’. My question Is, if anyone has some experience with this? Does it work well? I do not feel comfortable using an other app which executes returning home when you have no signal. Also does the setting ‘continue mission‘ work well? Please let me know (sorry for asking if this question is already asked).

Davy

Also does the setting ‘continue mission‘ work well?
Yes it works great. You can let it fly long missions without radio contact and it will come back to you.
First time is a huge thrill since the drone is leaving, you lose connection and can't do anything and pray to L. Ron Hubbard that it is coming back and 15 minutes later it is indeed coming back.
But it works perfectly fine.

Reactions: Davyvanmegen
does the setting ‘continue mission‘ work well?
Works as expected. LCMC (Lost Connection Mission Continuation) has to be set in the mission settings. Be aware that you lose some of the advanced features Autopilot offers because the AC is flown with the standard DJI flight controller onboard and not with the flight control logic on the iPad.

Be aware that you lose some of the advanced features Autopilot offers because the AC is flown with the standard DJI flight controller onboard and not with the flight control logic on the iPad.
Thanks, yes I read about it. It will no longer have focus triggers between waypoints Etc. Will it use the latest focus trigger and speed/altitude etc?

Oh and if you turn on the setting end mission on signal loss, does it return home or hover?
LCMC is not enabled by default and if the aircraft loses connection during a Waypoint Mission, it will automatically initiate the failsafe setting which was set in DJI GO. (RTH, Land or Hover)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tyroe1998