DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

lost video feed while flying

sky lark

Reactions
Flying the mini over water this morning, good contact, no problems.

Suddenly the video feed back to the controller failed and the picture on my phone froze.

Flew the drone home with the map and RTH, landed, and still no video feed.

Snapped a couple of pictures with the drone on the ground and looked at them while connected to the aircraft which confirmed that the camera was still working.

Tried resetting the camera parameters to default which warns you that the aircraft will restart--didn't work and the aircraft did not shut down and restart.

Finally closed the app, shut off the phone, shut off the aircraft and started all over...and the video feed started working again.

Of course I'm concerned that if it happened once it's likely to happen again.

Would be most appreciative if anyone on the Forum has any thoughts or relevant experience...

Many thanks!!!!

Kevin

How many times have you flown this drone? I assume this is the first time this has happened? If it happens again, contact DJI support to see what they say. If it continues it might simply be a firmware issue that needs firmware refreshing or updating. Also you might try uninstalling/reinstalling the phone app in case there is a software glitch there.

Reactions: Thomas B
It’s probably the connection wire from the RC to the phone. Notoriously unreliable. Try using the USB port with a different connector. I had the same problem u til I bought this.

Attachments

• E30F144A-0C77-4DC8-9911-3C6069B1525F.jpeg
    E30F144A-0C77-4DC8-9911-3C6069B1525F.jpeg
    405.5 KB · Views: 9
Then if it's the MM1 you have, the cable mentioned won't work as there's no full A USB port on the MM1 remote.

Instead you need a micro USB OTG to Lighning cable.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada