DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lost / Weak Connection

whatugetemon

Reactions
The Mavic Pro is my second drone and I have about 40 Mavic flights under my belt. This morning, I did a flight where I did several laps around the edges of VLOS this morning. Near the end of this flight with around 45% battery on the AC and around 90% on the RC, I was flying at about 300 feet up and 150 feet out when the RC lost connection. The RC almost immediately partially reconnected, so I had control of the AC, but I say partially because the display on the RC would only "refresh?" every 10 seconds or so and DJI Go still said that the AC was disconnected. I was able to bring it home manually without issue, but it did not reestablish full connectivity until it was within around 10 feet. This is in a rural area with theoretically little interference where almost all of my 40 flights have occurred.

What could have caused this? Why didn't the RC and AC reconnect completely? If I needed it, would RTH have worked. I'm a little afraid to use RTH because of some of the stories I've read.

This would have been very scary if I was out near the edges of VLOS where it's difficult to tell which direction the drone is traveling by sight alone.

On an unrelated note, is there a way to take photos while recording video?

Thanks in advance for any tips or insight!

The Mavic Pro is my second drone and I have about 40 Mavic flights under my belt. This morning, I did a flight where I did several laps around the edges of VLOS this morning. Near the end of this flight with around 45% battery on the AC and around 90% on the RC, I was flying at about 300 feet up and 150 feet out when the RC lost connection. The RC almost immediately partially reconnected, so I had control of the AC, but I say partially because the display on the RC would only "refresh?" every 10 seconds or so and DJI Go still said that the AC was disconnected. I was able to bring it home manually without issue, but it did not reestablish full connectivity until it was within around 10 feet. This is in a rural area with theoretically little interference where almost all of my 40 flights have occurred.

What could have caused this? Why didn't the RC and AC reconnect completely? If I needed it, would RTH have worked. I'm a little afraid to use RTH because of some of the stories I've read.

This would have been very scary if I was out near the edges of VLOS where it's difficult to tell which direction the drone is traveling by sight alone.!

It might have been an APP glitch as opposed to an AC/RC issue, maybe your device got a bit hot and just spazzed out.

On an unrelated note, is there a way to take photos while recording video?!

Not on the GO APP but if i remember the Litchi app will, only its not a photo as such its a frame from the current video, which in essence is a picture due to the fact that film is..... oh Im sure i dont need to explain that lol

It might have been an APP glitch as opposed to an AC/RC issue, maybe your device got a bit hot and just spazzed out.

Thanks. It wasn't just that GO said it was disconnected, but the RC was not immediately updating with the distance and height as it changed. The RC would kind of refresh every 10 seconds or so with the updated values.

I have done 4 more flights today without issue. I'm just not sure how concerned I should be.

Last edited:

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
v4nnny