DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Low Battery in Storage

Crusier74

Reactions
Hi all,

This is my first post and am a complete newbie so be gentle! I've only had my Mavic Pro a couple of weeks and have had only around 20 flights which have all been great. I have learned a lot just reading these forums and getting out and learning to fly. I have a concern though. I had to go away for work for 8 days (due home this Tuesday night) and realised I misread some information about discharging your batteries if you are going to store them. They are all currently stored at between 3% and 15% (3 batteries). The one currently stored in the drone is at 3% and am worried as upon further reading I hear they should be stored at 50% and not as low as mine are. What sort of time frame would be involved before any damage occurs? I have no way of getting home before Tuesday and no one that can access the drone to charge it for me. Should I be worried?? Thanks in advance.

I have followed what this guy has said and so far so good. Now I would like to hear others opinions on this subject as well.

Here is the Video. I am not saying he is right... but the guy is pretty smart.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: hjmavic
I have followed what this guy has said and so far so good. Now I would like to hear others opinions on this subject as well.

Here is the Video. I am not saying he is right... but the guy is pretty smart.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Thanks for posting this, very informative and has allayed my concern somewhat. I think 8 days will be OK as he was suggesting you check your cells every 6 months to ensure they haven't died completely. The fact that there is some residual current in them even when it says they are 5% is comforting. Some other handy tips here as well. Much appreciated.

I thought these were supposed to be "smart batteries"? Even if you store them at 100% don't they draw down to 15% or 20% on their own with inactivity of a couple of weeks or more?

I thought these were supposed to be "smart batteries"? Even if you store them at 100% don't they draw down to 15% or 20% on their own with inactivity of a couple of weeks or more?

Mine seem to only go to 50% but that is going by the status LED's on the battery... I never did check it on the app when plugged in to my mavic.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
renevista