DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Low flying

rehkram

Reactions
Before I go out and try this myself, how easy is it to fly the MM into the ground? In other words, do the sensors underneath provide any useful CFIT protection?

I have a shot list that includes a lot of following roads, tracks and other paths, uphill, downhill and on the flat, flying FPV. On reviewing the footage I'm always too high due to the phone display not giving me enough clues to hug the terrain safely. I want to push it down to 4 or 5 feet above the deck. I know that it knows where 5 or so feet is, you can see that when auto landing in RTH mode, since it hovers there before finally landing.

Is that "height awareness linked to altitude control'" capability active when flying forward or backward? What would happen if I start flying up a hillside road right stick full forward, left stick slightly forward, then let go of the left stick? I'm thinking it will plough right in.

You are probably right, "it would plough right in". I have done just what you said and I skimmed off the ground before pulling up. If you go slow the drone can adapt to the elevation change, but a steep change it can't.

Right, that's what I'm thinking, thanks for the feedback. Probably would need a very fast processor to be able to handle that at speed. I'll give it a try in cinematic mode, and not too fast. Easy enough to speed it up in post. Will report back.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS