DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

[M2 Pro] Adding custom accessory port

Oto

Reactions
I have read that dealers and 3rd party vendors are opening up the Mavic 2 Pro and bolting on additions to this model, cutting through the top panel(or replacing panel from M2E) and wiring accessories to the internal circuits.
Can't find any details or photos how it is done. Where is the additional accessory USB port connected for M2E?

For what purpose ? have you any links to information regarding this, I have a Mavic 2 Pro, it's one of those drones that will always come in handy, especially since the new Mavic 3 has no current plans to release SDK to 3rd party programmers.

For what purpose ? have you any links to information regarding this, I have a Mavic 2 Pro, it's one of those drones that will always come in handy, especially since the new Mavic 3 has no current plans to release SDK to 3rd party programmers.
Where did you hear that DJI has no current plans to release an SDK for the Mavic 3?
It usually takes a while to become available, but there will undoubtedly be an SDK for the Mavic 3, as soon as DJI can compile it!

but there will undoubtedly be an SDK for the Mavic 3, as soon as DJI can compile it
There were rumors that SDK will be only for industrial/enterprise and more strict divide between consumer/pro. So what is name for M3? Does it have pro/enterprise naming? Waypoints?
For what purpose ? have you any links to information regarding this
That what I am asking for.
Personally I am looking for hooking up RTK/PPK module to M2P, need to wiretap in USB port/CAM bus.

Only photos of M2E(FCC ID SS3-L1ZE1807) internals for comparison have found here but that is all. No other teardown photos. L1ZE1807 Mavic 2 Enterprise Teardown Internal Photos HD 271 S1 SZ DJI TECHNOLOGY
Also only photo with exposed accessory port: L1ZE1807 Mavic 2 Enterprise External Photos SZ DJI TECHNOLOGY

M2P internals(FCC ID SS3-L1P1805) - L1P1805 Mavic 2 Pro Teardown Internal Photos SZ DJI TECHNOLOGY

Mavic 3(FCC ID SS3-L2P2104) photos will not appear until - 04/13/2022

Where are those 3rd party vendors? Or it is meant by Topodrone, teokit, F2 Gold?

Last edited:
There were rumors that SDK will be only for industrial/enterprise and more strict divide between consumer/pro. So what is name for M3? Does it have pro/enterprise naming? Waypoints?

That what I am asking for.
Personally I am looking for hooking up RTK/PPK module to M2P, need to wiretap in USB port/CAM bus.

Only photos of M2E(FCC ID SS3-L1ZE1807) internals for comparison have found here but that is all. No other teardown photos. L1ZE1807 Mavic 2 Enterprise Teardown Internal Photos HD 271 S1 SZ DJI TECHNOLOGY
Also only photo with exposed accessory port: L1ZE1807 Mavic 2 Enterprise External Photos SZ DJI TECHNOLOGY

M2P internals(FCC ID SS3-L1P1805) - L1P1805 Mavic 2 Pro Teardown Internal Photos SZ DJI TECHNOLOGY

Mavic 3(FCC ID SS3-L2P2104) photos will not appear until - 04/13/2022

Where are those 3rd party vendors? Or it is meant by Topodrone, teokit, F2 Gold?
Rumors are just that. Rumors. Why would DJI limit embellishments of their consumer drones by third parties by not providing an SDK? Can you point me to anything that indicates the rumors are not just wild speculation? DJI has just scheduled release for the Mini 2 and Air 2S SDK's by December 31st! Sure doesn't sound like there is any factual basis for the aforementioned rumors! Mavic 3 is also on the "roadmap!" Just not this year. Still working on their own app and FW for it!

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929