DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

M2P Drone Spontaneously Rotated During Hyperlapse

Thomas B

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Had an unusual occurrence yesterday pm. I was 100 feet out and 100 foot altitude. I set up the time lapse parameters and started the drone shooting the 125 pics for the hyperlapse of a sunset. Drone facing west.
Software in drone, controller, CS, and batteries is up to date. Battery with 99% charge. No error messages at startup.
Wind was about 25-30 mph, but due to being close to home point I elected to proceed. Launched with 18 GPS satellites showing, went to position, and took hands off the sticks. Started the process on my CS and set the controller down on the hood of my car as I always have for HL video.
After about the first 80 images taken the drone began to rotate, not change position, to it’s left (counterclockwise) slowly. Still had over 10 min flight time showing.

Landed the bird after the HL completed and compiled. Then took off again. Got high wind warning but nothing else and the drone flew normally.

Question is why did the drone rotate during the hyperlapse... this of course rendered the hyperlapse unusable.

Thanks in advance

sounds wind related to me a sudden gust probably it would have been a lot stronger at 100 ft

Reactions: Thomas B
it was trying to keep its position in the hyper lapse mode i think

Reactions: Thomas B
Would the glare of the setting sun trigger one of its obstacle sensors? I've read that sun can trick the obstacle sensors.

Would the glare of the setting sun trigger one of its obstacle sensors? I've read that sun can trick the obstacle sensors.
Don’t think so. At least never did it before and I usually go for this HL shot every flight... Trying to catch that special one.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Photogeezer