DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

M2P Gimbal behaves odd

j2thek

Reactions
Dear all,
I got a broken M2P on ebay and fixed it step by step. Dispite the gimbal everything is working. Camera is working but the gimbal keeps moving systematically.

Link to video: Video

After the calibration the movement stops, but gimbal stayes in a distorted position and doesnt move anymore. As the movement is systematically maybe it could also be a software problem. Any Idears?

Many thanks for your help.

Best regards
Jan

---
Link to video added

Last edited:
Can't help sorry but a video shot by it might be interesting ........for a bit and then 🤢

Last edited:
@j2thek i do not own a M2P ,may i ask if the video was during the start up dance ,if it was then that would be a very unusual set of movements ,i would suspect that it could be a control board issue ,or the gimbal control cable that connects the control board to the gimbal has some damage ,which could have been a result of the crash, that caused other damage that you have repaired

I thought that I did add a link to the YouTube Video. Sorry, still getting used to the forum. edited the post and added a new link.

Best regards
Jan
Can't help sorry but a video shot by it might be interesting ........for a bit and then 🤢

@j2thek i do not own a M2P ,may i ask if the video was during the start up dance ,if it was then that would be a very unusual set of movements ,i would suspect that it could be a control board issue ,or the gimbal control cable that connects the control board to the gimbal has some damage ,which could have been a result of the crash, that caused other damage that you have repaired
Hi,
no the video was taken after the start up dance. The start up looks ok, than this movement started and doesnt stop until you switch off the M2P.

Best regards
jan

I thought that I did add a link to the YouTube Video. Sorry, still getting used to the forum. edited the post and added a new link.

Best regards
Jan
There was and is a video shot by a phone or something, showing the movement of the gimbal, so you did everything correctly.
I was talking about a sea-sickness-inducing video shot by the drone's camera. lol

Jan
If you have rebuilt the gimbal then you must run JointCoarse and LinearHall.

JointCoarse will move the gimbal to its extremities and record the values.
LinearHall will then centre and level the camera between the extremities discovered.
(I am guessing that your rebuild has erased the gimbal settings or has incorrect values.)
  • Download and Install Python on a PC.
  • Download and install DJI tools
  • Run JointCoarse and Linear Hall
JointCoarse will move the gimbal to its extremities and record the values
LinearHall will then centre and level the camera between the extremities discovered.

Video Here!

Tools .
Use these links
1. Download Python
2. pyserial
3. GitHub - o-gs/dji-firmware-tools: Tools for handling firmwares of DJI products, with focus on quadcopters.

GUIDE :

1. Download all tools
2. Install python
3. extract pyserial and dji tools to C:\DJI\
4. Open "command prompt" as administrator
cd C:\DJI\dji-firmware-tools-master​
5. Install pyserial using python script
cd C:\DJI\dji-firmware-tools-master\pyserial-3.4​
python setup.py install​
6. Turn ON Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom
7. Check which COM port (usually com3) [Right click on This PC; and click on Manage; Device Manager> Ports(COM LPT)

Gimbal Calibration
At a command Prompt run​
python comm_og_service_tool.py com3 WM240 GimbalCalib Jointcoarse​
python comm_og_service_tool.py com3 WM240 GimbalCalib LinearHall​
Let us know how you get on.

Dear Fizzbang,
many thanks for the instructions. I tried and the JointCoarse worked and was completed. When I ran the second command it got stucked at 10%. During the second script the gimbal doesnt move at all.

After the Joint Coarse the Gimbal was centered and also was still keep centered when i moved the M2P. However I was not able to move the gimbal manual via the app.

The camera as such is working:

Many thanks
Jan

Jan
I don't know if this helps, but:- The movements in LinearHall
  1. Roll left and Roll right and centre.
  2. at about 10% slow camera down
    and slow camera up again, centre camera.
  3. Yaw left and Yaw right and centre camera
  4. small yaw adjustments and centre camera, All done.
The motors clearly work but there is some fault with their stability/control.
You could try swapping the gimbal control board, but before doing that I would take out the control board, reconnect everything and try again.

If then that did not work I would replace the control board.

Hi all,
I changed the gimbal board and after a recalibation everything works perfectly now .
So as some assumed, it was not a software issue but a broken gimbal board.

Many thanks and happy flighs
Jan

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78