DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

M2P need camera calibration help

Reactions
Good day…
I have an M2P and have been getting the “needs camera calibration” error, regarding the obstacle avoidance system. I have a MacBook Pro with second monitor for editing, which I disconnect from the MacBook; when I go into DJI program, it updates my batteries just fine, but just will not go to the cam calibration screen. It takes me through the four “tutorial” steps then just swirls, never opening the grid for calibrating. I’ve Googled and restated and deleted/re-added the app… nogo. And yes it is the correct app for the Mavic 2. Help please!!!

It is the one I’m using (not sure what version, but I did delete and re-download the app so it’s “probably” the latest version and also my Mac is not showing that the app has an update…) the app works for recalibrating my batteries (when there is a geo map update, which seems to happen way too often…) still a nogo on camera calibration though…

Oh well that's me stumped.
I am however a bit curious, can you post a screen capture of the message?
I have had to do a sensor recalibration once but I used a Windows machine and I do not remember whether I was told I needed to to do an "obstacle avoidance sensor recalibration" or a "camera calibration".
I am wondering if you actually have a problem with the Hasselblad.

Plus I have never seen mention of calibrating batteries, I will have to have a look tomorrow.

Reactions: RadioFlyerMan
I’ve got the same problem if I use my Mac. I’m lucky that I have a Windows machine available as well. Easiest answer is to see if someone has a Windows system you can use. Just remember to take the USB leads with you and have a fully charged battery to start…

I had issues with this process but it turned out to be more to do with the monitor; monitor resolution; and how far away from the screen you hold the drone.
After trying several monitors screens and resolution sizes the process did work but I can't remember the settings now.
I think I also had to abandon my all singing and dancing 4k monitor i9 windows PC and just used an old laptop.

Once it starts it is a fairly lengthy process and you have to hold the drone in awkward positions (its a bit of a work out) so be comfortable before you start.

Video Here

Reactions: Aerialskape
I am interested to see what happens here. I have had a similar situation happen with my DJI FPV drone and because I have been so busy, I haven't flown (that drone) in months.

I had issues with this process but it turned out to be more to do with the monitor; monitor resolution; and how far away from the screen you hold the drone.
After trying several monitors screens and resolution sizes the process did work but I can't remember the settings now.
I think I also had to abandon my all singing and dancing 4k monitor i9 windows PC and just used an old laptop.

Once it starts it is a fairly lengthy process and you have to hold the drone in awkward positions (its a bit of a work out) so be comfortable before you start.

Video Here
Totally agree with the resolution bit. iMac 5120x2880 - fails, PC 1600x900 - no problem
Also, don't be surprised if it fails to calibrate on first attempt, it's not the easiest thing to do

Want to do a camera calibration. When launched DJI assistant app, it requested an update which was accepted.
Once the update was completed DJI Assistant(Consumer Drones Series) and installed,
When launched, another window pop up Welcome to Electron (vo.36.7) asking to execute a command under the terminal or drag the app into this window.
Help! Anyone knows what this Electron app is?!?

That’s a glitch. Electron is the underlying platform that the assistant 2 program was created on.
See this link for Electron

Do you mean a camera/gimbal calibration or a sensor calibration which is totally different?
The sensor calibration is carried out using the Assistant 2 program.
The gimbal/camera can be calibrated using the go4App.5

Last edited:
That’s a glitch. Electron is the underlying platform that the assistant 2 program was created on.
See this link for Electron

Do you mean a camera/gimbal calibration or a sensor calibration which is totally different?
The sensor calibration is carried out using the Assistant 2 program.
The gimbal/camera can be calibrated using the go4App.5
Thanks for your reply... I was able to download the right version of DJI Assistant (DJI+Assistant+2+1.2.4.pkg) and installed.
Ran the app and able to connect the device and able to update the no-fly data base.
Able to view the Firmware list.
Able to get to Calibration menu, however it goes straight to Tutorial 1/3 where it asks to hold the aircraft facing the screen, then upon click next go to tutorial 2/3 where it asks Move to aim for the box. However when click next.... it keeps cycling and never enters the calibration. See the attached image.
I am using a MacBook Pro, with an external monitor set for 1600x900 resolution (that is the lowest resolution I can get on that monitor).
Not sure if it is a glitch on the software?, Monitor resolution?
Would appreciate your comments.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-10-05 at 18.56.39.png
    Screen Shot 2022-10-05 at 18.56.39.png
    88.5 KB · Views: 3
Thanks for your reply... I was able to download the right version of DJI Assistant (DJI+Assistant+2+1.2.4.pkg) and installed.
Ran the app and able to connect the device and able to update the no-fly data base.
Able to view the Firmware list.
Able to get to Calibration menu, however it goes straight to Tutorial 1/3 where it asks to hold the aircraft facing the screen, then upon click next go to tutorial 2/3 where it asks Move to aim for the box. However when click next.... it keeps cycling and never enters the calibration. See the attached image.
I am using a MacBook Pro, with an external monitor set for 1600x900 resolution (that is the lowest resolution I can get on that monitor).
Not sure if it is a glitch on the software?, Monitor resolution?
Would appreciate your comments.
I have only recently updated to the Consumer Drone version of Assistant 2 and have not carried out a calibration using the Consumer version.
I have carried out calibrations successfully, using 'Assistant 2 for Mavic' version V2.0.14.
I have not yet had to do this with the 'Consumer Drone' Version, but have reason to suspect that it should not work.

I did have to downgrade to an old laptop initially but with another drone I was able to revert to my PC.
It is a tricky process because you have to hold the drone in the same location and then point each sensor like a torch around the screen.
I think that this is a good video on the process if you can get the correct distance and settings to make it work.

My PC has an i9 processor, but it still took an age after the input was finished, to calculate the calibration adjustment and upload to the drone. So have patience when you think it has finished.

I am not sure what that error message is trying to say but I would guess it's about the distance from the screen to the drone.
If I recall correctly, I was holding the drone at somewhere between 300mm and 500mm from the screen when it worked.
Best of luck!:cool:

I wasn't happy that I was unable to answer about calibration using 'DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series) so I gave it a go.
With a 3840X2160 display resolution Assistant 2 could not determine the resolution.
Tried many display resolutions but only received the 'Aircraft movement error' message even before anything had moved.

Gave up on my PC.

Dragged out my old 17" laptop with flat battery which then took an age to charge and with windows updates was a complete pain.

On said laptop, that has a basic display resolution of 1360 x 768 and a calculation speed like walking through treacle.
The calibration worked perfectly first time using 'DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series)' on an old Windows Laptop.

I would add that when the centre point is found then you should keep that sensor in the centre of the screen and point it (the sensor) at the rectangle rather than trying to keep the drone in the centre.

I have only recently updated to the Consumer Drone version of Assistant 2 and have not carried out a calibration using the Consumer version.
I have carried out calibrations successfully, using 'Assistant 2 for Mavic' version V2.0.14.
I have not yet had to do this with the 'Consumer Drone' Version, but have reason to suspect that it should not work.

I did have to downgrade to an old laptop initially but with another drone I was able to revert to my PC.
It is a tricky process because you have to hold the drone in the same location and then point each sensor like a torch around the screen.
I think that this is a good video on the process if you can get the correct distance and settings to make it work.

My PC has an i9 processor, but it still took an age after the input was finished, to calculate the calibration adjustment and upload to the drone. So have patience when you think it has finished.

I am not sure what that error message is trying to say but I would guess it's about the distance from the screen to the drone.
If I recall correctly, I was holding the drone at somewhere between 300mm and 500mm from the screen when it worked.
Best of luckIt´s been a headache

Best of luck!:cool:ownloaded DJI

I wasn't happy that I was unable to answer about calibration using 'DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series) so I gave it a go.
With a 3840X2160 display resolution Assistant 2 could not determine the resolution.
Tried many display resolutions but only received the 'Aircraft movement error' message even before anything had moved.

Gave up on my PC.

Dragged out my old 17" laptop with flat battery which then took an age to charge and with windows updates was a complete pain.

On said laptop, that has a basic display resolution of 1360 x 768 and a calculation speed like walking through treacle.
The calibration worked perfectly first time using 'DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series)' on an old Windows Laptop.

I would add that when the centre point is found then you should keep that sensor in the centre of the screen and point it (the sensor) at the rectangle rather than trying to keep the drone in the centre.
Thank you kindly, I tried with 2 different versions of DJI Assistant on a 13inch, MacBook Pro, on the same laptop, also tried with an external 27" monitor .
The first software (DJI+Assistant+2+1.1.2_2.pkg) asked me for an update.
So I downloaded the update to DJI+Assistant+2+For+Mavic+2.0.14.pkg. This last one once I tried a calibration, also asked me for an update and from the same app, it downladed DJI Assistant 2(Consumer Drones Series).
With that last one, tried several screen resolutions and all gave me the same "Aircraft Movement Error" and finally gave up. Will see if I can get hold of another computer. This is been frustrating and DJI should know better and at least say which monitor resolution work best.

Reactions: Fizzbang

Gave up on my PC.

Hello again Fizzbang,
I did the same, Accessed a windows 17"laptop with the DJI Assistant 2(Consumer Drones Series) and was able to successfully calibrated my aircraft. For some reason Apple computers do not work fine for the calibration. Thanks for your assistance.

Reactions: Fizzbang
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78