DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

M2P & SC - Intelligent Flight Mode - POI Question

EricJT

Reactions
Today for the first time I tried the DJI Go 4 POI intelligent flight mode today.

Once the flight starts, is the M2P autonomous or does it have to be in constant communication with my SC?

The reason I ask is part of the flight took it behind a very large tree. The flight concluded successfully but it got me to thinking about my question.

Was I just fortunate or could there have been a problem?

Got lucky. If disconnect and RTH, you could regain signal and control when above the obstacles.

Got lucky. If disconnect and RTH, you could regain signal and control when above the obstacles.
Thx....I guess my SC's signal was getting through the tree's foliage because at one point when behind it, I increased the elevation to catch sight of the M2P. And that worked fine.

The lesson I will take away from this is if I want to orbit around an object, make sure I have VLOS at all times.

Before anyone jumps on me, I know that is the requirement when flying by myself, even if the drone is only out of sight momentarily and 100 feet away from me.

Thx....I guess my SC's signal was getting through the tree's foliage because at one point when behind it, I increased the elevation to catch sight of the M2P. And that worked fine.

The lesson I will take away from this is if I want to orbit around an object, make sure I have VLOS at all times.

Before anyone jumps on me, I know that is the requirement when flying by myself, even if the drone is only out of sight momentarily and 100 feet away from me.
I doubt anyone will get onto you for that. We all understand how that could happen. It's the real serious cases that get bashed some. Those who knowingly fly way off into the distance and can't possibly see their drone. Just dipping behind a tree is not really something to be concerned about, in my opinion, as long as you are away from people of course.

Last edited:
I doubt anyone will get onto you for that. We all understand how that could happen. It's the real serious cases that get bashed some. Those who knowingly fly way off into the distance and can possibly see their drone. Just dipping behind a tree is not really something to be concerned about, in my opinion, as long as you are away from people of course.
I typically fly in rural areas, avoiding urban locales thereby avoiding crowds, buildings and vehicles. I have had a few people stop along the rural roads and watch me, and then ask me questions when I land. I enjoy being a ambassador for our hobby.

I have never had a negative interaction....touch wood.

Reactions: Cymruflyer
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thefons82