DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

M2P stuck in compass calibration loop

drone_boi

Reactions
First post here. M2P compass calibration issue - anyone else experience this and know the fix? Bought a new M2P while my original M2P is being repaired. When trying to calibrate the compass, normally you do a horizontal rotation and then flip vertical and do another rotation. After doing the vertical rotation, the Go4 app briefly flashes “Calibration Complete” and then immediately goes back to the vertical rotation. It is stuck in a loop and I can’t get it to complete the calibration.

This has happened at numerous cell sites I’m inspecting and I’ve tried everything I know: moving to different locations away from objects, keeping controller 5 ft away, remove my watch, remove key fob from pocket, etc.

It could be the AC has excessive residual magnetism on it. It would be rare for that to happen new, but many have encountered it when stored too long near a strong magnet like speakers.

Fix in this situation is to use a degausser to remove the magnetism.

Reactions: NG Wildman
Hi drone_boi Welcome to Mavic Pilots.
Sorry but no help from me, I haven't encountered the problem with any of my DJI drones but I do have an Xiaomi 4K drone that never ever completes a compass calibration.

First post here. M2P compass calibration issue - anyone else experience this and know the fix? Bought a new M2P while my original M2P is being repaired. When trying to calibrate the compass, normally you do a horizontal rotation and then flip vertical and do another rotation. After doing the vertical rotation, the Go4 app briefly flashes “Calibration Complete” and then immediately goes back to the vertical rotation. It is stuck in a loop and I can’t get it to complete the calibration.

This has happened at numerous cell sites I’m inspecting and I’ve tried everything I know: moving to different locations away from objects, keeping controller 5 ft away, remove my watch, remove key fob from pocket, etc.
It's unclear whether this has stopped you from flying?
Is there any particular reason that you are trying to recalibrate the compass?
It's not necessary at all unless the drone is refusing to fly without you doing it.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flyingthe405