DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

M2zoom not responding to RC after crash

Julmo01

Reactions
Hi guys,

After 2 years of absolutely no issue with my M2z I had my very fisrt crash today.... :(

I was inspecting my gutters around my roof, and the drone came in a situation where it was surrounded by many ostacles above (tree), behind (tree) and in front (roof)... and refuses to move anymore... after acting on my RC to rotate and try toescape the place, the drone moved on its own towards the roof and hit it, and fall from ± 2m high on th terrace . No big damages visible except 2 propellers.

After rebooting the whole thing, all was looking ok , gimbal checked, camera checked , new propellers, recalibrate all, ... and let's go for a test!

That's where the problem is: Start was OK and RTH was updated, take off also OK ...
My RC is mode2 set: The left joystick works properly (up/down/rotate) but the right joystick has NO action at all (forward, backward,move left/Right)... :oops:

As the RC had no crash, i suspect some transmission cable or unit inside the drone had issues... any idea?

Thanks for the help!

Attachments

• IMG_7085.JPG
    IMG_7085.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 28
Swap to mode 1 and see if the trouble remains with the function or the stick?

If with the stick then, with the drone off, try recailbrating the sticks.
3 dot menu -> Remote controller calibration --> calibrate -> start ->ok -> waggle the sticks right around the limits of their travel several times, in both directions and ditto make crosses ( watch the indicators to check they show the correct movments). Waggle the two dials, again several times to the limit of their travel.
When completed press "done" or whatever the word is.
Switch the drone on and see if it made any difference.

Oooo the colour was an accident but I like it!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Julmo01
Could be that the crumpled in front section is effecting the front sensor like there is an object in front of it and to the side

Reactions: Julmo01
Could be that the crumpled in front section is effecting the front sensor like there is an object in front of it and to the side
Good idea, i will try to cut a bit of the cover to "open the eye"... Thanks

Swap to mode 1 and see if the trouble remains with the function or the stick?

If with the stick then, with the drone off, try recailbrating the sticks.
3 dot menu -> Remote controller calibration --> calibrate -> start ->ok -> waggle the sticks right around the limits of their travel several times, in both directions and ditto make crosses ( watch the indicators to check they show the correct movments). Waggle the two dials, again several times to the limit of their travel.
When completed press "done" or whatever the word is.
Switch the drone on and see if it made any difference.

Oooo the colour was an accident but I like it!
I like the colour too... :)
Will try that... thanks!

Umm if the forward vision sensor is a suspect, switch it off, as a test at least

Last edited by a moderator:
Umm if the forward vision sensor is suspect, switch it off, as a test at least
Not suspect, but as you can see on the attached pic, the bump in the plastic cover is hiding a part of it, this can be interpreted as an obstacle... I'm working on this

Ahhh that would have been better if I had had an "a" in front of "suspect", as in the edited version

Hi gents,
I did the following tests:
1- calibrate the joysticks: gave same results, but was able to fly backwards
So I remove the front cover
2- Fly without the front cover (pic7088)
The drone "see" an obstacle 3,5m behind (the house), and an obstacle 0,5m in front where there is nothing in the next 13 meters... (pic7089)
The 2 front sensors look very similar (pics 7090 & 7091)
3- Disable all sensors: The right joystick now works properly !! Thumbswayup:)... ican move foreard/backward/left/right... :p
So, I suppose I have to buy a new pair of front sensors?
Most probably the big fall of 2meters high on this sensor side made the electronics broken...
Agree?

Cheers!

Attachments

• IMG_7088.jpg
    IMG_7088.jpg
    959.1 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_7089.jpg
    IMG_7089.jpg
    685.8 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_7090.jpg
    IMG_7090.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 14
  • IMG_7091.JPG
    IMG_7091.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 14
Last edited:
I agree with you and most likely your sensors are damaged in some sort of way. I personally would send the drone to DJI and let them do a complete check, make all necessary repairs and full calibration check of your drone.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jack_0851