DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

M3 slow / laggy video feed delay NOT SD CARD, drone unusable

Make sure you enable USB debugging in the advanced settings on your phone as well - that gets a lot of people.
Can you please clarify the significance and necessity for enabling USB debugging on an Android phone running the Fly app, for us Apple users, except for the RC Pro?

Hi,
I'm user of S22 Ultra but Exynos in my case and have exactly the same issue as during flight is always M3 super lagging during all the movements, something like 3-8 seconds delay.
Initially I thought that it's only S22 Ultra crappynos issue as many others previous problems but I see that Snapdragon has same issue as well. I'm sick & tired of reporting all those issues to DJI already and hope that DJI will tomorrow release DJI RC (remote from mini3 Pro) for Mavic 3 and I will use mobile solution only as a backup...

Hi,
I'm user of S22 Ultra but Exynos in my case and have exactly the same issue as during flight is always M3 super lagging during all the movements, something like 3-8 seconds delay.
Initially I thought that it's only S22 Ultra crappynos issue as many others previous problems but I see that Snapdragon has same issue as well. I'm sick & tired of reporting all those issues to DJI already and hope that DJI will tomorrow release DJI RC (remote from mini3 Pro) for Mavic 3 and I will use mobile solution only as a backup...
Given that the RC Pro was specifically designed for the Mavic 3, it is unlikely that the DJI RC will be a viable alternative, but it would seem better than the RC-N1. I would highly recommend the already compatible RC Pro over the hope of the currently incompatible DJI RC being made compatible. No one who has bought the RC Pro for the Mavic 3 has regretted it, despite the relatively significant investment.

Rumors say that the DJI RC will be on sale on July 1. It will be affordable and compatible with the Mavic 3. It should be a good alternative to those not willing to spend so much for the RC Pro. However, the antennae are built in its body and as a result it seems its signal strength is not as good as that of the RC-N1 and the RC Pro.

Given that the RC Pro was specifically designed for the Mavic 3, it is unlikely that the DJI RC will be a viable alternative, but it would seem better than the RC-N1. I would highly recommend the already compatible RC Pro over the hope of the currently incompatible DJI RC being made compatible. No one who has bought the RC Pro for the Mavic 3 has regretted it, despite the relatively significant investment.
Of course I would love to own RC Pro, but in my opinion it is totally overpriced for 999€ and to add 4G support you need another two dongles which are not supported in Europe. I really can't justify it to myself for HDMI output and few other things so hopefully tomorrow DJI RC will be the alternative and reasonable option.

Can you please clarify the significance and necessity for enabling USB debugging on an Android phone running the Fly app, for us Apple users, except for the RC Pro?

It basically "opens the door" to the device and allows other devices to talk to the android SDK with much greater freedom. It's not always needed but it's pretty much the first thing you should do if you're troubleshooting compatibility issues with a third party device and an android device. You wouldn't want this on while connected to a device you do not trust, as it will allow that device to read/write data and run commands, but that should help you understand what it does. If you plug your android device into a computer for example, usually the first thing it asks you to do is enable USB debugging mode.

These endless threads with various devices not playing nice with DJI controllers & apps (or people not bothering to check compatibility lists) is one of the many reasons I like the Smart Controller and will buy the RC Pro when I get a M3 - I have literally not had so much as a hiccup in ~4 years and never have to fiddle with cables or clamps.

Not for nothing, OP here, I think I figured out the problem.

They sent me an Air2s controller with the Mavic 3. Model number RC231 vs. RCN1 for Mavic 3.

Apparently both controllers work with mavic 3. But the one they sent me doesn't have OccuSync3. I am requesting replacement to correct controller and I'm 99.99% sure this will fix the issue.

🙄

Not for nothing, OP here, I think I figured out the problem.

They sent me an Air2s controller with the Mavic 3. Model number RC231 vs. RCN1 for Mavic 3.

Apparently both controllers work with mavic 3. But the one they sent me doesn't have OccuSync3. I am requesting replacement to correct controller and I'm 99.99% sure this will fix the issue.

🙄
So yeah if anyone else having this problem, check your RC model number on the back.

Video of my issues here.

Video feed on the app is choppy, and when I make any movements, there's about a 5 to 8 second visual delay. Completely unflyable. I disabled cache to phone, no help.

I'm on an S22 Ultra, so phone should be quick enough to keep up, literally the fastest phone out right now that's not an iPhone. All apps closed, android battery optimizer turned off, phone restarted, no help. Still laggy. SD card is a brand new SanDisk Extreme Pro 128GB, V30 card, should be fast enough and it's the one that DJI sold with the drone. And it does this lag even when the SD card isn't in it.

App says RC transmission is at 5 full bars. This happens even when she is 3 feet from me. Location doesn't matter, tried in different spots miles apart, so it's not interference unless there's some weird magnetic storm going on or solar flare.

I was having these issues last week, but not as badly, there was no delay, only choppy video, and turning off battery optimizer helped it. (got the drone last week). This is my 2nd day using it, it has suffered no wI .

I feel like it's an issue with my phone, or the app, but I have no clue really my phone works fine for everything else and the app and firmwares are all updated.

Weird part is, when the drone is stationary hovering, the video is smooth as butter, but the second I press on the sticks to go, it starts the laggy and choppiness which seems like an issue with the drone itself.

It does this whether I'm set to 4K or 1080P video, and does it when it's not actively recording.

I'm at a loss. Anyone else having these issues?
I had that exact problem a couple of years ago with my mavic mini. I contributed to updating the firmware, but the go fly app on the phone was a little behind. I updated the phone app and it solved my problem.

For all those with the S22/Ultra, can you try this. Go to Settings - battery and device care - memory - RAM Plus - select 8GB. This increases your phones memory by using the storage on the phone to add the additional 8GB so if your phone had 12GB Ram it will now run at 20GB Ram. I did this and I sometimes use the S22 Ultra to fly and do not have any issues Know that although the S22 is a new phone on the market, the Fly app when running consumes a lot of Ram in the background, by doing this you should be able to fix your issue and if not then I am lost. Let us know here if this works for you so others can do the same.

Reactions: JoelP and jjcombs13
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929