DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

M3 sluggish speed in N mode

sarimento1

Reactions
yesterday afternoon, took M3 to one of the many small coves and beaches surrounding Kachemak Bay in south central alaska.
first flight of the afternoon, after a few minutes(!) the M3 finally got 14 sats and was able to take off. but in N mode, at 200 ft alt, max forward speed was about 14 mph.
i thought it might have slipped into C mode, but switched back and forth, it was in N mode. Full stick forward, that was max speed. I switched to S mode and it cruised easily at 30+mph. On a later flight from a different but nearby spot, the bird was back to normal, easily doing 25-30mph in N mode.

Any ideas, suggestions??

pano from that flight below.

tVfvNat.jpg

Any ideas, suggestions??

That looks like a great spot for flying and the water surface suggests it wasn't a windy day.
The flight data might give some clues, particularly comparing the drone's tilt angle and teh speed it was making.

yesterday afternoon, took M3 to one of the many small coves and beaches surrounding Kachemak Bay in south central alaska.
first flight of the afternoon, after a few minutes(!) the M3 finally got 14 sats and was able to take off. but in N mode, at 200 ft alt, max forward speed was about 14 mph.
i thought it might have slipped into C mode, but switched back and forth, it was in N mode. Full stick forward, that was max speed. I switched to S mode and it cruised easily at 30+mph. On a later flight from a different but nearby spot, the bird was back to normal, easily doing 25-30mph in N mode.

Any ideas, suggestions??

tVfvNat.jpg
I've had that behavior on a couple recent flights. Not sure if it was a GPS or vision sensor thing, but it went away within the same flight too. Seeing that yours stopped when switching into S, maybe it's vision relate? I see the sun is kind of low in the sky in your photo - mine was too. Maybe flare making the vision system unsure? TBH the vision system has been a pain when flying in clear skies with the false alarms.

I have noticed that on occasions my M3 doesn't seem to be flying very fast. I mostly fly in S mode, and normally can romp along at full stick, but sometimes it just doesn't want to go fast. I can't provide any diagnostic info, sorry.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom