DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

M3E RTK Module Install Issue

jstew

Reactions
Hi all,

I've recently begun using a M3E, successfully completing a few test missions where I ran grid and oblique projects with RTK-mapped GCPs and processed the data in Pix4D Mapper. No issues there.

Shipping of the RTK module which was part of the M3E bundle was delayed, and was received on Friday. I installed the module on the M3E, and having watched a number of YouTube videos about the process, expected to see the RTK menu option populate during the next startup - no such luck. I also understand there is typically a Hardware Module Activation step involved, and I did not (at least intentionally or knowingly) dismiss any notifications related to that.

Using DJI Assistant 2, I refreshed the current (most recent) firmware, which was already installed on the M3E, with no change. I then rolled back the firmware to the previous version - no change. I've since re-installed the most recent firmware.

Multiple physical removals and re-installations of the module did not yield any result. To confirm, I haven't removed or installed the module with the M3E powered up as I see it is not hot-swappable. The screws and cavity for the port cover can only be oriented one way, so I'm quite sure I don't have it on backwards. DJI logo facing forward.

Today, I installed a known-working RTK module from a coworker's kit, and there is still no change so I hesitate to assume my RTK module is DOA.

The port on the top of the M3E appears free of physical damage.

As for any changes to settings, I did receive the M3E after it had already been set up by a coworker, so I can't speak to any initial configuration settings which may be relevant. I trust their abilities in setting up the M3E, but things do happen, so if there is a possible avenue to correct something there I'm all ears.

So - what am I missing?

I did search the first few pages of thread search results for "RTK", and none seem relevant to my issue. If I've missed something, by all means I would appreciate being directed to the information if this has already come up elsewhere.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Reactions: Spartan Drones
Sounds like you have done everything right.
I had the activation dialog.
And mine appears correctly when installed.

You are right, not hot swappable, so install, then power on the M3E.

Reactions: Spartan Drones
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bmo4