Setup:
RC Model: RM510B
App: V5.2.1.3
RC: 02.00.0303

Aircraft: M3T
Ver: 05.02.0506
Gimbal: 00.01.19.67
M3T Camera: 10.11.08.05

For some reason I cannot shoot photos, while external monitor is displaying the RC screen (any mode; Duplicate Screen or Camera View)
Anyone else tried/experienced this weird problem?

The RC screen blinks when pressing the focus/shutter button, but there is no shutter sound or photo saved.
As soon as I disconnect the connection to the external monitor...everything works normally.
Tried different (top quality) HDMI-adapters, -cables and displays.
Shooting video works just fine also when the external screen is in use. The described problem occurs only with photos.

DJI informed (17 Feb 2023) they have no information about such restriction and their engineers tested & confirmed this scenario works fine also when shooting photos.

Very interested to hear if I am really the only one on this planet with this problem and is this a soft-/hardware problem/limitation (or even a faulty RC...?)

Many thanks & cheers!

Reactions: NorthEastJohn
Setup:
RC Model: RM510B
App: V5.2.1.3
RC: 02.00.0303

Aircraft: M3T
Ver: 05.02.0506
Gimbal: 00.01.19.67
M3T Camera: 10.11.08.05

For some reason I cannot shoot photos, while external monitor is displaying the RC screen (any mode; Duplicate Screen or Camera View)
Anyone else tried/experienced this weird problem?

The RC screen blinks when pressing the focus/shutter button, but there is no shutter sound or photo saved.
As soon as I disconnect the connection to the external monitor...everything works normally.
Tried different (top quality) HDMI-adapters, -cables and displays.
Shooting video works just fine also when the external screen is in use. The described problem occurs only with photos.

DJI informed (17 Feb 2023) they have no information about such restriction and their engineers tested & confirmed this scenario works fine also when shooting photos.

Very interested to hear if I am really the only one on this planet with this problem and is this a soft-/hardware problem/limitation (or even a faulty RC...?)

Many thanks & cheers!
I'll test and let you know.

I tried couple minutes ago. Actually there is no shutter sound (the monitor connected via HDMI has no audio output), but the pictures and video are stored correctly.

JCDiaz, many thanks for testing this! I was desperate and superclose to send both Aircraft & RC to DJI for repairs/checking/flashing...but I put everything on hold after reading your msg. Now with new firmware everything works fine! Or perhaps the cause was just one of my senior moments, e.g. messed up the settings somehow. Thanks again!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929