DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MA2 camera works but gimbal is broken

Pilot Zeg

Reactions
As you can see from my old posts, my MA2’s gimbal motor (or whatever it is) is broken, but the camera works fine.

Has anyone repaired the gimbal motor or whatever part is involved?? I have taken apart my MA2 and the repair looks tricky af. Just wondering if anyone can share their experiences on this?? Because a gimbal replacement is much cheaper than having to buy a new camera..

I have. My camera was doing exactly what yours did. The video was coming through, but the motors where just flopping around with no power. The gimbal motors and their freedom of movement was fine. I had to replace the main central wire that goes to all the motors and the camera. It was a pain in the you know what. You have to be very dextrous and patient. Getting the long pins at the ends of the wires through tiny holes is like some sort of extreme puzzle when you don't knnow what your doing. Then attaching the long strip of pins to their mate is a nightmare. You can't use your fingers. You have to manipulate the pins and where they attach with your little tools. Lining them up is time consuming. It's difficult to be sure if you secured the attachment points properly. There is no extra wire or extra room to replace the wiring and attach the pins. If you manipulate the wire too much it can get damaged and your back to square one.

This camera and motor disconnect issue happened to me a second time, so I just sold the old camera and gimbal on E-bay for a few bucks and ordered an entire replacement. I wasn't going to put myself through that kind of pain, frustration and suffering again.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78