DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MA2 Control Issues

GoinPostal

Reactions
Is anyone else having MA2 control issues? Happy owner of MA1 for 3 years is my reference point. Have been flying MA2 for a couple weeks now and I have noticed a couple issues that trouble me.
1, lag Lag LAG! I am getting serious stick lag, seems like a couple seconds but probably less, just seems like eternity at 35mph.
2. Flying in sport mode full throttle I take my hand off the throttle (dead stick) MA2 drops altitude a LOT!
3. Throttle feels spring loaded. What I mean is when I apply 50% throttle it creeps slowly and then slingshots. Motor ramp up speed settings I am not liking.

4. Gimbal pitch speed unadjustable? My buddy is flying a Mini said "gimmie your controller" he couldn't find adjustment either.

Anyone else having similar issues?

Video feed lag is usually related to the device your using, have you got "cache when recording" turned on.
What device are you using, it maybe under-powered for DJI Fly ?

The Gimbal pitch control is in the "Control" menu, where you can set the pitch speed.
1595866916792.png

Thank you @lannes for your quick reply! I am using pretty powerful Samsung S9 (usb-c) connection with device video turned off. Never had a problem with my MA1 using Go4 app. I will be checking fly app again soon as I get home, but I do remember "advanced gimbal options" is not an option. Gimbal up pitch is under control tab, and is the only gimbal setting on fly app. App is updated, firmware is good, I am thinking uninstall and reload may be in order? Never tried DJI support before, was hoping to not to go there. Thanks again:)
P.S. I don't "think" it's video lag, seems to be aircraft control.

Thank you @lannes for your quick reply! I am using pretty powerful Samsung S9 (usb-c) connection with device video turned off. Never had a problem with my MA1 using Go4 app. I will be checking fly app again soon as I get home, but I do remember "advanced gimbal options" is not an option. Gimbal up pitch is under control tab, and is the only gimbal setting on fly app. App is updated, firmware is good, I am thinking uninstall and reload may be in order? Never tried DJI support before, was hoping to not to go there. Thanks again:)
P.S. I don't "think" it's video lag, seems to be aircraft control.

Ah right, are your complaining about the DJI Fly yaw delay, we won't be able to fix that until DJI gives us the ability to change the expo, sensitivity and gain

Reactions: GadgetGuy
If I recall correctly, the settings only appear when not connected to the drone, and are not retained, and disappear when connected to the drone! Buggy!

I will have to check on that, I've always connected first. Not ONE YouTuber mentioned that (watched every review I could before pulling the trigger)
Thanks @GadgetGuy
If I recall correctly, the settings only appear when not connected to the drone, and are not retained, and disappear when connected to the drone! Buggy!

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Yes, the Gimbal settings are only disconnected, because today they are available on the Mini and not the Air 2. Seems like that will change very, very soon :cool:

I sure hope so @z28lt1. This thing is pretty useless to me if I cannot use gimbal when recording . Cannot even freestyle because of its lag and being slow, Buyers remorse in full effect. Thanks for your help!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
valter123