DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MA2 MOA Flying?

CNEEL89

Reactions
Hey all, first post here, hopefully in the right location!

I’m not new to rc, nor to drones, I am new to DJI and buying something off the shelf, but the ease and portability has me sold. I’ve been doing my research, itching to buy an MA2, and now the only thing stopping me is my location.

We do a lot of desert riding, in Nevada, and I want the drone mainly to film the various cars and trucks, however, a lot of the area we ride appears to be an enhanced warning zone on the app. I’m aware of the proximity to the bombing range, and I’m aware that it’s an MOA, but I can’t figure out for the life of me if I’m going to be able to fly there when I get the drone. This would all be low altitude, filming cars/trucks through the desert. We don’t (can’t) ride on the bombing range, and there’s no risk of the drone straying on to the bombing range.

I just can’t figure out if I can fly there, or what authorization I'd have to get. I’ve attached a picture (hopefully), the area in question is the large orange oval, not the base itself. If anyone else wants to look, this is right by sand mountain rec area.

Thank you for any help!4A5C7FDF-E094-4D35-90D9-85FD73381F1B.png

Technically it should be ok in an enhanced warning zone, unless there are some specific FAA or military NFZ's.
Is there any risk with low level aircraft entering the area to access the bombing range, would they be overflying you at all ?

The DJI Fly app should allow you to fly upon acceptance of the warning

dji geo zones - Copy.JPG

B4UFLY is saying no, so I would guess the DJI Fly App would also restrict you, if I understand where you are looking to fly (pin on my map)7721B2B7-5EF1-4FB4-B90F-8FF50B66AD30.png

Checked a bit further out, same result...
2FD96C7F-5386-477D-90B1-DFCBF4C68E17.png

Your best bet is to look up a sectional chart for the area. In the legend, it will give MOA hours of operation and other details. That's where the most reliable information would be.

Reactions: pelagic_one
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada