DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MA2S gimbal stuck error after minor tree crash.

jgilles

Reactions
Hit some tree branches today with MA2S. Only minor damage to the propellers. It kind of farted around for a min then I was able to get control and land it without any issue. Now my gimbal says it’s stuck even though it moves freely without any issue. Once it goes through it’s start up it goes forward and back to its limits then stops in one of the 2 limit positions. Whole new gimbal and camera is $460 so I am trying to avoid spending that much. Any suggestions on fixes? Can I replace only part of the gimbal assembly if so I haven’t been able to figure out how to get break it down.

Same thing happened to me this weekend. Any luck? I was in FPV mode when flew into some small branches. It did hit the ground but went through thick tall grass before “landing”. Gimble moves correctly when powered up but fails recalibration at 10%. I have DJI Refresh, am I able to open it up and inspect or Will that screw up the ability to use it?

I wouldn’t open it up you will void your warranty. Mine never hit the ground fortunately. I looked back and the flight data on mine and it showed “Gimble Overload and Propeller unable to move” for a sec and then “Gimble Stuck” right after hitting the branches. Each time I power it up it goes through its start up then rotates to it’s limits and stops at one of them and says stuck. Is this the same thing yours is doing?

I started looking for parts and found that you can’t buy the individual Gimble parts anymore and have to buy the entire camera assembly which sucks because the camera is complete fine. Mine was only 32 days only so I ended up sending into DJI for repair and am waiting for a quote now.

Yea, same thing. Gimble goes through initial sequence but then does not hold position when moving main body. I get the gimble stuck error too. Will contact DJI tomorrow to send it in. Did they say how long it may take to get it back?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000