DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Magic air and iPad 7

Johny Bravo

Reactions
Sorry it’s my fir# post, not sure if lm in the right place,and I have more of a question than conversation,
Does anyone know how to get the iPad 7 to stay vertical screen mode, every time you enter the DJI app the screen flips to horizontal which sux because it fits the controls perfectly?

Tans Ken. Out...

No idea what an iPad 7 is.

Probably irrelevant. DJI GO only runs in landscape mode.

Why you might want it to run in portrait I don’t know, it would be it no advantage.

Only iPad Mini fits into the Remote Control directly.

You need to get an iPad holder to fit it. There are several good ones available. Browse the forum. I recommend the LifThor orMavmount holders.

Flying with an iPad or other tablet in portrait mode makes no sense, as the image that you get receive from your drone is always in landscape mode.

Ok, sorry if I offended anyone by mentioning I wanted to use portrait mode and yes I understand there would be no benefit but the controller fits perfectly on top ,it's three times bigger than my phone ,I can rest it on my gut ,I don't have to buy a mini and saves me pulling my phone in and out.
Cheers ken.out.

I don’t think anybody is offended.

We are simply pointing out a few facts.

If you want something that fits grab an iPhone 10 max. I thought it might be to small coming from a full size iPad (flying phantoms) but as it turns out it works very well.

Btw- what is an iPad 7?

I was going through my workshop looking for a 7" or 8" DVR screen then realised I could view video on iPad then went for a fly holding it sideways.. awkward at best but the quality was unbelievable I don't know what size iPad minis are but My screen is 170mm and the controller fits perfectly and snug on top the button is central and not half under the controller arm.
So I had to ask the question before I go making any mods
Cheers ken

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kitkat