DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Magic air Crashed and left rear arm broke... Help

Joelgides

Reactions
So mavic met tree and tumbled. Thankfully it wasn't the worst. Left rear arm near socket broke and won't stay in when moved. See picture. Is this a simple fix? If I've never soldered before would it be better to send this to DJI to repair?

Attachments

• 20200419_122623.jpg
    20200419_122623.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 33
A few months back, I replaced a front and back arm on my Mavic 2P. I would not recommend this as a DIY job for the neophyte - I've went through Navy Electronics Tech school in 1964.

Reactions: Joelgides
Looks like all you need is the rear pivot piece as it came separated. I think that part is a few dollars on eBay..

This will require de-solder 3 connections for the motor but will also require a near complete disassembly including removal of the motherboard to access these connections.

It is a simple repair if you have a nice small electronics screwdriver set and some plastic spudgers. If you wanted to try it I would practice some soldering (remember flux) before this and use some good tweezers so hold the wires in place.

There are some good disassembly videos on YouTube for a preview of what is needed.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swigmofa