DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Maintenance Stuff

4K Beaches

Reactions
So, I'm up to almost 30 hours of flight time, and 1 million feet of traveled distance. In this timeframe I have only had one incident, a few moths ago when I was on the boat and hand catching the drone, my finger ended up sliced to bits. I noticed recently that one of the propellers has a tiny tear in it. The drone flies perfect as is.

Are there any maintenance cycles for these and any points of inspection I should look at?

Thank you

fullsizeoutput_1ae7.jpeg

Reactions: Dronage
General guidelines are to replace your props every 200 flights (obviously inspect them before every flight, and if they aren't perfect, replace anyway). They are so cheap and yet so important, there is no reason not to do this. I'd do it even earlier personally.

Regarding batteries, 200 complete cycles is what they are technically rated for under normal circumstances, and coincidentally also what DJI warranties them for. Obviously many factors come into play here, especially proper use, temperatures, and storage.

There isn't a whole lot to do though - visual checks and feels before every flight should catch most problems before they happen in the sky. Combined with proper battery protocols and occasional prop replacement, you should be good to go for a very long time.

[QUOTE="CanadaDrone, post: 833667, member:

Regarding batteries, 200 complete cycles is what they are technically rated for under normal circumstances, and coincidentally also what DJI warranties them for.
[/QUOTE]
Batteries are warrantied for 6 months from the time of activation regardless of the number of flights or any other factors.

[QUOTE="CanadaDrone, post: 833667, member:

Regarding batteries, 200 complete cycles is what they are technically rated for under normal circumstances, and coincidentally also what DJI warranties them for.
Batteries are warrantied for 6 months from the time of activation regardless of the number of flights or any other factors.
[/QUOTE]

DJI told me 200 cycles - maybe something changed since but I don't think so (6 months AND under 200 cycles). Regardless, the replacement recommendation is still 200 cycles.

DJI reps are still telling people it's under 200 cycles on the support forums, but I suppose they could be incorrect.

Reactions: 4K Beaches
apart from battery care which is a separate subject, you should be doing a visible inspection of you drone, either after a flying session or before you plan to fly, similar to the walk around a pilot does before he takes off, i know that may sound stupid to some,but regardless of whether it is a plane with people on board, or a UAV the rules regarding airworthiness are both the same, you as the PIC need to make sure the UAV is airworthy as far as is humanly possible

regular airframe inspection will show up any issues, such as damaged props ,motor obstructions, or any damage to the structure, get into the habit of checking, you will find that your UAV lasts longer that way.

DJI told me 200 cycles - maybe something changed since but I don't think so (6 months AND under 200 cycles). Regardless, the replacement recommendation is still 200 cycles.

DJI reps are still telling people it's under 200 cycles on the support forums, but I suppose they could be incorrect.
[/QUOTE]
Understand the confusion. I think 200 flights is the manufacturing target. The warranty however is limited to 6 months.
Maybe it’s one of those “whichever comes first” clauses

Reactions: CanadaDrone
Here’s a couple pictures of the torn blade. Thanks for giving a few pointers for inspection. Do these normally occur or is it from hitting bugs or something?
37BCE273-5170-4104-BDAD-000F2BADD485.jpeg
93C2148A-49A9-4FA6-A32A-3E6FD67D30F0.jpeg

strang that it appears to be on the trailing edge of the props,and in almost identical places,could be when it was trying to chew your fingers up,that it caused the props to contact the body of the drone as they spun round ,or even during hard turns in sport mode the rear blades are very close to the body of the drone,and do flex quite a lot during flight

Reactions: JS1600
It’s only one blade out of the 8. That is the top and bottom.
thanks for the update that would explain the similar mark points ,just do your checks and replace the damaged one, or you could just put a complete new set on and keep the other 3 for spares

Reactions: 4K Beaches
I had to replace a prop after fingernail contact as well. Drone is fine. Only one nail still showing sign of the failed retrieval.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fredguillot02