DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MAN it's been a process to get this here!

Mr. Noob

Reactions
But I think I finally got it figured out! Please let me know what you think, and how/where I can improve....

CRAP!!!!! maybe not. I don't know why I have trouble posting video here, but maybe this will do it?

Last edited:
Reactions: John235
But I think I finally got it figured out! Please let me know what you think, and how/where I can improve....

CRAP!!!!! maybe not. I don't know why I have trouble posting video here.........
Upload your video to a video hosting site like You Tube or Vimeo then post the link on the forum ;)

Reactions: Thomas B
What I got from it was a town with a nearby hill.

OK, that's a bit harsh, but I would have liked to know more about the park. Obviously it's conserved for a reason.

You do have some very good photography there. I really like the dawn / dusk shots and you clearly understand about filming late afternoon / early morning.

How I would have approached this is to research the history, and tell a story. Drone video's don't have to be only drone video. You can include any media you like that will help tell the story / explain why you like the place. Include ground shots from still camera or go pro, historical stills or old video. Use captions to tell viewers about the place and history.

As a viewer I would like to know a little about the place and why you like it. Maybe you have a connection with the place?

Here’s one from the south side....
I look at this part of the Santan Mountains while sitting on my back porch as I only live about 3 miles away in south Gilbert, AZ. I always wanted to explore the peak with my M2P...
Well, I ended up having about 8 hours of video to edit. It was taken on several different days over about 2 months due to falling on a distant foothill and breaking some ribs during early filming. I used the technique of landing at a distance and taking off again to be able to crest the summit without flying illegally. Worked great as the summit is well above the max altitude allowed by my M2P (unhacked)
The featured mountain is the tallest peak and is known by the name Santan Mountain. It is on the Gila River Indian Community property. All use, including drone flying, is now halted recently by the lease of essentially all the nonmounain land in the west end of the reservation, so this won't happen again....

The mountain range represents the various mountain ranges which are located throughout the reservation. These mountain ranges are considered to be very sacred by the Pima. Each mountain was given its own O'otham name by the Huhugam(Ancient Ones). Today, they are known as the Santan Mountains (JuJulgigk "Zig Zag Connected") , located on the northern reservation boundary. The summit rises to 3104 ft (946 m) from the desert floor. As you will see, there is no trail to the top or even on this portion of the Santans. Had to land remotely and let the barometers reset to give me another 1600 ‘., staying within 400’ of the slope. Flight is legal, but the tribe has leased that end and so it’s off limits now.
What I never realized is what you can see on the south side of this mountain. As a note, all my flying was on the north face.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greg190