DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Manchester, England

Pablo

Reactions
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Did this one early on Saturday morning. I'd researched beforehand and found some suitable take-off locations that were remote enough, but gave me good line of site. I used both HQ and Full FOV (Mavic 2 Pro).

The skies were painfully grey but that's basically Manchester 365 days a year, other than that happy with how it came about and how uneventful the actual flights were.

How did you get clearence for that flight? looking at the Drone Safe guide you can't over fly cities like that or did I miss something?Drone Safe Guide

No you're probably right, looking at that I think I broke the 150m build up areas rule (I thought it was 50m). To be honest I really was trying to abide by the rules. It's deceptive in the video but I was on the outskirts of the city (in a big park and an abandoned big car park) for the vast majority of the time. It looks like I'm closer to the building than I actually was. There was no one about is it was early on a weekend well before the shops opened.

Anyway there you go.

Its *no-overflight* thats the main issue, at any altitude. A lot of the footage is passing over big buildings/busy roads etc.

Taking off from a park and staying over it (provided its not busy) is fine but once you start crossing busy roads etc you can run into problems.

Just be a little cautious - BTP and others have tracked down and prosecuted people from youtube or facebook for breach of the CAP based on hosted content.

Reactions: jagraphics
Its *no-overflight* thats the main issue, at any altitude. A lot of the footage is passing over big buildings/busy roads etc.

Taking off from a park and staying over it (provided its not busy) is fine but once you start crossing busy roads etc you can run into problems.

Just be a little cautious - BTP and others have tracked down and prosecuted people from youtube or facebook for breach of the CAP based on hosted content.

It's a great video but..... as you say people have been busted for what they post on YouTube.
Also not knowing the rules is no defence in law.

Don't pay attention to those spreading TERRORISM... I've seen such a risky flights above cities that I still wonder after several years, months and so on HOW they can still be online and their account holders still kicking around.

There's an outbreak of COVID-19 in Italy and deep restrictions enacted. Online media, printed media and town council speaker car shouting out loud: YOU CANNOT LEAVE YOUR HOME.

I've downloaded every decree of the Italian govern, checked online with their Q/A ministerial website: there's no specific town restriction and you're allowed to walk or do physical activity outdoor even with your bicycle as long as you don't gather in groups. It's ridiculous the sheer amount of ignorants spreading their verb...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milton