DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 3 Manchester Night-time Cityscape

AlbionDrones

Reactions
Site
www.youtube.com
A bit of expensive footage from Manchester tonight... Plan A was to fly at Salford Quays, scuppered by Man U fans exiting the stadium and swamping the area... Shuld have come home, but plan B was to fly from Jacson Crescent park in Hulme and get some cityscape... Took a lot longer to arrive than planned due to footie crowds, and ended up flying later than I wanted, and unfortunately crashing... Lovely footage, but drone now needs to go away for repair, gutted, we are on holiday to Orkney in 3 days, looks like I shall be droneless for the hols...

You really caught an awesome sunset. I really like the reflection on the mirrored windows. You should have gotten closer. Next POI, try going forward/backward and/or elevation change. Sorry you crashed. At least you recovered, that’s the most important. It’s also good to have a backup drone.
Seems as though a couple of my drone purchases were prompted by a crash, not wanting to miss a season or a trip where I really needed it. I finally bought a M3 Classic as an upgrade to my M2P, which has served me very well. I was using an MA2 as backup for that.

Reactions: AlbionDrones
You really caught an awesome sunset. I really like the reflection on the mirrored windows. You should have gotten closer. Next POI, try going forward/backward and/or elevation change. Sorry you crashed. At least you recovered, that’s the most important. It’s also good to have a backup drone.
Seems as though a couple of my drone purchases were prompted by a crash, not wanting to miss a season or a trip where I really needed it. I finally bought a M3 Classic as an upgrade to my M2P, which has served me very well. I was using an MA2 as backup for that.
Thanks for the encouragement, I was pretty much beating myself up last night for being an idiot... Ah well, we live and learn... Hubby wont let me buy a second drone just yet, but perhaps Premium Care Refresh will come through for me before Thursday evening..

Well that's impressive as I don't have many lights around me. The built environment certainly presents itself well in the night light.
Don't tell hubby you bought another drone. Let him think he did and thank him profusely 🤣

Awesome video!

Beautiful, as always. Sorry about the crash. I have walked in those shoes too. Just before a long trip I had to send in the drone for repair/replacement. I had dji send the new one to the address where I was going, but got the house number wrong. Fortunately the neighbors reported it as a mis-delivery and I was able to retrieve it from the UPS folks and flew the new bird while on the trip.

Beautiful, as always. Sorry about the crash. I have walked in those shoes too. Just before a long trip I had to send in the drone for repair/replacement. I had dji send the new one to the address where I was going, but got the house number wrong. Fortunately the neighbors reported it as a mis-delivery and I was able to retrieve it from the UPS folks and flew the new bird while on the trip.
Thanks Jim, I have paid and sorted the express Care Refresh, so there are 2 days until I go, it is possible it will arrive - there is a plan B, 2 folks from another forum have offered me the chance to borrow their MINI2 drones, so all is not yet lost - even if I dont think I will be comfortable flying someone elses drone after crashing mine..
Flying sideways and lost spatial awareness, ran into something... My fault, thankfully we found the drone after a 388ft plunge...

Reactions: Geofff
Thanks Jim, I have paid and sorted the express Care Refresh, so there are 2 days until I go, it is possible it will arrive - there is a plan B, 2 folks from another forum have offered me the chance to borrow their MINI2 drones, so all is not yet lost - even if I dont think I will be comfortable flying someone elses drone after crashing mine..

Flying sideways and lost spatial awareness, ran into something... My fault, thankfully we found the drone after a 388ft plunge...
Stunning video as others have said.
I really hope you get a replacement before your trip. It would be so disappointing to go to the Orkneys without it.
Don't beat yourself up for crashing. Losing situational awareness when flying sideways is easy to do as I found out this week 😁. Lucky you were able to retrieve it but I guess it was not a pretty sight. Hope DJI come through for you.

A bit of expensive footage from Manchester tonight... Plan A was to fly at Salford Quays, scuppered by Man U fans exiting the stadium and swamping the area... Shuld have come home, but plan B was to fly from Jacson Crescent park in Hulme and get some cityscape... Took a lot longer to arrive than planned due to footie crowds, and ended up flying later than I wanted, and unfortunately crashing... Lovely footage, but drone now needs to go away for repair, gutted, we are on holiday to Orkney in 3 days, looks like I shall be droneless for the hols...

Lovely film and very well shot. Have just been watching Macao Never Sleeps on You Tube, a dji site film promoting the Inspire drone. That is fab and yours is right up there with the lighting and steady stick work. Also, you had to buy your drone, the person who shot the Macao footage must have been a dji staffer who borrowed one from stock!

• Love
Stunning video as others have said.
I really hope you get a replacement before your trip. It would be so disappointing to go to the Orkneys without it.
Don't beat yourself up for crashing. Losing situational awareness when flying sideways is easy to do as I found out this week 😁. Lucky you were able to retrieve it but I guess it was not a pretty sight. Hope DJI come through for you.
TBH I was amazed it survived at all, and that we even found it... 6 props were damaged, one arm was folded in, 2 panel joins had sprung - both snapped back into place, a little cosmetic damage to the panel above the forward sensors and the gimball is stuck. It still flies - even with damaged props, and if the gimball wasnt broken then it would actually be fine - really surprising how tough they are...

Yup, I have 2 offers of loan MINI2's, but I would rather take my own drone, dont think I will feel comfortable flying someone elses, especially after crashing mine...

Lovely film and very well shot. Have just been watching Macao Never Sleeps on You Tube, a dji site film promoting the Inspire drone. That is fab and yours is right up there with the lighting and steady stick work. Also, you had to buy your drone, the person who shot the Macao footage must have been a dji staffer who borrowed one from stock!
Thanks, the MINI3 Pro is an amazing bit of kit, just need the right conditions, take time to fly smoothly, get the exposure right and some reasonable post production... I am looking forwards to doing more night time footage - although it will be in a much more aware manner than last time - I was feeling pressure (from myself) to be as quick as I could as it was far later than planned and the area I was flying from wasnt the most 'safe', so I rushed, and the crash was the result... All I needed to do was pause, loom around and plan more, but I didnt, and lesson hard learned...

Hmm, DJI have despatched the replacement drone, and UPS say it is due to be delivered tomorrow, I may actually sleep tonight as its looking like I will have the drone for our Orkney holidays... :)

Woo hoo. Looking forward to seeing your videos of the Orkneys
Fingers crossed it arrives on schedule... If not I have persuaded hubby that we are stopping to buy a second MINI3 Pro enroute as I cant do this holiday without the drone... Then he can use that one moving forwards and I can look to get a larger drone for the future use in the highlands nd higher winds...

Reactions: Geofff
Aaaand relax....... Mighty Midge the second has arrived even 10 minutes before the estimated delivery time, and has flown a test flight, all systems are go and the Orkney holiday is now looking like a much better prospect!!! I am sooo relieved...

Yay, Scotland tomorrow, Orkney on Saturday and I have my Midgie to try and take some epic footage :)

Thanks all for holding space, for the encouragement, condolences and everything else, it has been a stressful week, and the forum has helped to make it much less so :)

DJI have pulled a blinder, form notification on Tuesday morning to replacement arriving today it has been 48 hrs, an amazing turnaround and service, hats off to them, I am very impressed...

but drone now needs to go away for repair, gutted, we are on holiday to Orkney in 3 days, looks like I shall be droneless for the hols...

Good result then on the Might Midge II. No mishaps hopefully on the holiday 🤞

Good result then on the Might Midge II. No mishaps hopefully on the holiday 🤞
Thanks Paul, yeah, I can't have any mishaps for a while now, otherwise hubby will ban me from flying ;)

• Haha
Reactions: Paul Iddon
Beautiful. Night sky, lights of the city and reflection off the glass of the towers.

Beautiful. Night sky, lights of the city and reflection off the glass of the towers.
Thanks... I need to try and get more of this nect time :)

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clang123