DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mapping with Air 2s and Rc smart controller.

Lepatxuri

Reactions
Hi guys,
I'm a beginner on this world and I would like to use my drone for mapping, mainly orthomoisaics.
I have then RCN1 control and I suposse that this device is the choice yo use third party apps without having to buy the RC pro.
I want to buy a RC smart controller for daily use and I have rhis cuestión:
Is possible to create a mapping flight plan for example with Dronelink in the smartphone and then make It work in the RC smart controller?
Thank you!

Reactions: GFields
This is from Dronelink's website

Thanks Sam, I already have read it, it turns out that the apk for the RC smart controller does not include the Air 2s, only the RC pro allows it. I suppose there will be no way to execute that flight plan, for example, on the DJI fly. The alternative I can think of would be to use the RCN1 with the Smartphone for mapping flight plans and use the RC Smart controller for piloting.

You're right, I read it so fast that I missed the main point of your question.

You're right, I read it so fast that I missed the main point of your question.
apk? Why use all these abbreviations? We don't all know these.

Hi guys,
I'm a beginner on this world and I would like to use my drone for mapping, mainly orthomoisaics.
I have then RCN1 control and I suposse that this device is the choice yo use third party apps without having to buy the RC pro.
I want to buy a RC smart controller for daily use and I have rhis cuestión:
Is possible to create a mapping flight plan for example with Dronelink in the smartphone and then make It work in the RC smart controller?
Thank you!
Greetings from Birmingham Alabama USA, welcome to the forum! We look forward to hearing from you!
This
article might help

Greetings from Birmingham Alabama USA, welcome to the forum! We look forward to hearing from you!
This
article might help
Thank you so much. That's perfect for the RC Pro controller, but this device is so expensive for me. I'll continue using the Rc N-1 for map planning flights and last Rc (the white one) for normal pilot sessions.

Hi, Thank you for posting this issue. I have also a RCN 1 controller included in the pagage when I bought my Air S2 fly more combo. Works perfect with basic Dji App on my Iphone 12. But do not work when I load a,nd want to fly a preplanned dronelink pattern (Done on my windows desktop) Before I go out to the field, I open dronelink App on my phone and download (wifi in my house) insted of download last plan via 4/5G network) Here is finally the reason for my question: I work with my Enterprise 2 thermal and smartcontroller RM 500 to find Roe deer kitten on grafields - before the farmer is kranking up his big grasmower. That means when I get a signature i stop the drone and my spotter/helper goes out to the spot (under det hovering drone) and carry out the kittens. We have rules and security procedures well worked out before mission, The Roe deer goat/mother finds them clos by (on a safe place where no predators,ants,insects etc. can bother them. This is for the first animal welfare, and for the second the farmer dont get carcasses and bacteriums in his gras balls. And now the question ? - I have several times loaded the same flightplan into my Air2 S and uptated the plan in Dronelink that - I am using for now a Air2 S and I want to shoot a video or take single photos . The drone starts and climb to preplanned altitiude 30 meters - starts on the first leg, and after a short time stopps for GPS loss (most common message) What am i doing wrong, or is this setup with Air2 S and RCN 1 mission impossible? Please forgive my bad english. Have a good and productive day to all of you. Best regards Petter S

Reactions: GreyDad
Be careful calling your deliverables a "map." Your use of the word "Orthomosaics" is good and apropos. This manages client's expectations for accuracy. Once you call something a "map," that term comes with accuracy expectations you won't be able to deliver via GPS, GLONASS or even RTK.

D

Be careful calling your deliverables a "map." Your use of the word "Orthomosaics" is good and apropos. This manages client's expectations for accuracy. Once you call something a "map," that term comes with accuracy expectations you won't be able to deliver via GPS, GLONASS or even RTK.

D
Good suggestion. I flew a mapping mission around my home area and produced a nice 3D image. When I started measuring I discovered that the height measurements were just not right. When I zoomed out on the 3D I noticed the whole 3D was curved. I believe I had an error during photo capture.
The bottom line is that I could have provided the 3D, which looked cool, but its measurements were off. Again, good suggestion.

Reactions: Donnie Frank
Is there a free app for the iPhone to use with my new Air 2S to send to waypoints, or mapping etc? I have both the RC 1 and RC controllers. Trying to get a few good apps for wind speed weather data for drone flying (I have DroneForecast for that), then I have Air Control and B4UFly I guess for flight checking. Then DJI Fly as my app currently. I did just downloaded DJI Pilot but haven't tried it yet.

Some of the mapping apps are free, but the processing of the images will cost. They hook you with the freebie of taking the images for free, then reel you in with the image processing fee.
In their defense though, processing a lot of images into a usable and viewable image takes a lot of processing power.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucian