DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3 Matanuska Glacier, Alaska

I like it. The only thing is the blank 'footage' after about 3 minutes to the end.

Reactions: MavicFlyer2
I'm not terribly happy with this but not sure I'm going to work any further on it. In any case...here's some footage of the Matanuska Glacier in Alaska shot with my mavic 3.

The scenery is magnificent. I watched the film twice.You just cannot beat that scenery!

I think there was a lot of repetition of the front of the glacier and some tiny speed ramps at the beginning which was not really cinematic. I was a bit frustrated that each time you approached the front of the glacier, you halted the progress of the drone from actually going ahead and flying over the front and above the glacier. The top down views of the glacial ice blocks could have been shot from various altitudes. If you intend to go back and re-work it, I'd remove some of the duplications to shorten the film and make it more interesting.

Reactions: russpury
Nice. Above critiques are good for future reference. Excellent job of syncing with the music.

I have to agree with Dale. Some great shots though. And you've got me curious about the blank screen for several minutes at the end. Contemplative?

I inserted the blank screen because I wanted a break between the first filming from one end of the glacier and then the second filming and different music used when I moved down the road. Clearly it was not my best post production choice :) ! LOL.

Reactions: veryzebra
love the videos from Alaska

I spent 4 years living in Juneau in the 80's. If I'd had a Mini 3, or better, drone back then I'd have some nice video. Not as good as what most of the people here make in terms of professional editing, but the scenery was spectacular. Had a 10 day kayak trip in Glacier Bay that was other-worldly (when I wasn't worrying about being eaten by a bear)

made a couple of trips into the Yukon too that would have been fun to drone (when I wasn't worrying about being eaten by mosquitos)

Reactions: NewAir2sMan
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rocko42