DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mav 3 mapping

The Air 2S is excellent but only works at the moment in Android. No SDK for IOS yet.

I tried a manual flight to capture map images on a small scale. Processed in Pix4D Cloud (Skyward.io)

HVAS220219s-1.jpg 2022-02-22_21-12-45.jpg

Camera Model Name(s) L2D-20c_24.0mmf/2.8_12.3_5272x3948 (RGB)
Average Ground Sampling Distance (GSD) 0.75 cm / 0.30 in
Area Covered 0.010 km2 / 0.9562 ha / 0.00 sq. mi. / 2.3641 acres

Reactions: Debaser_AZ
Has anyone heard when the mapping capabilities will be available for the mavic 3? Need it for my start up business
When you hear the SDK has been released, add a minimum of 2 months before 3rd Party can begin to offer ability for mapping missions. I doubt you'll see the FLY App offer mapping missions for the Mavic3.

I'm also looking forward to trying the M3 MFT camera, personally I think it'll provide excellent results... but that's to be determined. From what I've seen in some manual tests, the results should be great!

Other great options would be the P4Pv2, I2 with X4S both for the mechanical shutter. The M2P would provide same autonomous mission capabilities but camera may not be as ideal. The FLY App crafts use the 3rd Party tools a bit different receiving "virtual stick" commands to fly the mission within the app vs Go4app Crafts uploading & processing the mission on-board craft.

Both Go4App and FLY App provide same outcome... a collection of images. Although the smoothness of the mission & waypoints with on-board processing and able to continue mission if disconnected from Radio may be benefits of Go4App crafts.

I personally prefer the I2 X4S or P4Pv2, although I've used my M2P a few times with good results, I haven't tried my Air2S yet; recently added to a few 3rd Party tools with the SDK release.

Another possible, the Autel Crafts: EVO 2 & Lite +, my understanding is their App includes Mapping capabilities. Not sure if fully supported, but I believe they are gaining support by some of the 3rd Party tools too. The reviews are indicating the lower priced Lite+ may even have a better camera payload than the EVO 2 for image quality.

I tried a manual flight to capture map images on a small scale. Processed in Pix4D Cloud (Skyward.io)

View attachment 144381 View attachment 144382

That's actually pretty good. You manually triggered while on the move or stopped & shot?
How do you feel the detail was... or compared?
Is that a sectional concrete pour on a prepped sand surface?

The use of the M3 Cine SSD probably helps with speed of capture too! ;)

View attachment 144381 View attachment 144382

Can't get real close on the uploaded clips... but further examination, the pylons, tire tracks & metal grid actually look very sharp & clear even for small uploaded pics. That's actually encouraging & impressive!

I am not coordinated enough to shoot while moving in a straight line! I stopped with each saw-cut square centered, and this map includes oblique photos all around. I may process again because the obliques didn’t match up well.

The Pix4D Cloud is a new feature on Skyward and still missing a few features, like sharing..,

That's actually pretty good. You manually triggered while on the move or stopped & shot?
How do you feel the detail was... or compared?
Is that a sectional concrete pour on a prepped sand surface?

The use of the M3 Cine SSD probably helps with speed of capture too! ;)

Reactions: Dougcjohn
I was trying to avoid buying a second drone, but may have to.
Once you buy a second one, then a third one comes, then a fourth....drone crack.

Hoje fiz um levantamento manual com o Mavic
3.Deixei em modo de disparo contínuo (2s)/JPEG/4:3 e fui disparando no modo voo CINE
. de pontos
.Vou continuar o processamento e verificar o produto final

1646618173349.png

Reactions: zeusfl
Hoje fiz um levantamento manual com o Mavic
3.Deixei em modo de disparo contínuo (2s)/JPEG/4:3 e fui disparando no modo voo CINE
. de pontos
.Vou continuar o processamento e verificar o produto final

View attachment 144927
Great to hear your manual mapping went well.
Looks good.

By the way, this forum is an English forum. If you'd like comments to your posts, please translate to English for Posts.

Translation of your Post:
Today I did a manual survey with Mavic 3.
I left it in continuous shooting mode (2s)/JPEG/4:3 and fired in CINE flight mode.
of points I will continue processing and check the final product

Reactions: Gabriel Arcieri
When you hear the SDK has been released, add a minimum of 2 months before 3rd Party can begin to offer ability for mapping missions. I doubt you'll see the FLY App offer mapping missions for the Mavic3.

I'm also looking forward to trying the M3 MFT camera, personally I think it'll provide excellent results... but that's to be determined. From what I've seen in some manual tests, the results should be great!

Other great options would be the P4Pv2, I2 with X4S both for the mechanical shutter. The M2P would provide same autonomous mission capabilities but camera may not be as ideal. The FLY App crafts use the 3rd Party tools a bit different receiving "virtual stick" commands to fly the mission within the app vs Go4app Crafts uploading & processing the mission on-board craft.

Both Go4App and FLY App provide same outcome... a collection of images. Although the smoothness of the mission & waypoints with on-board processing and able to continue mission if disconnected from Radio may be benefits of Go4App crafts.

I personally prefer the I2 X4S or P4Pv2, although I've used my M2P a few times with good results, I haven't tried my Air2S yet; recently added to a few 3rd Party tools with the SDK release.

Another possible, the Autel Crafts: EVO 2 & Lite +, my understanding is their App includes Mapping capabilities. Not sure if fully supported, but I believe they are gaining support by some of the 3rd Party tools too. The reviews are indicating the lower priced Lite+ may even have a better camera payload than the EVO 2 for image quality.
Great info.......much appreciated

Once you buy a second one, then a third one comes, then a fourth....drone crack.
Drones are like tattoos. Once you get one, gotta get more. Just saw the Matrice 30 (omg) nice, 10-14 grand. Guess I am buying it once its available for sale. Need that Thermal imaging it offers.

Until an SDK comes out, here is a site I just found when I was searching how to manually map with a Mavic 3. Looks like it could work well! I'm definitely going to try it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opus3