DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Maven google earth

Reactions
Hi droners
Is it possible to preview a Maven mission on Google earth ?
Thank

Hi droners
Is it possible to preview a Maven mission on Google earth ?
Thank

I assume you mean viewing a saved Maven mission in Google Earth, and I don't know the answer to that. I suspect not, since I know from an earlier email correspondence with the Maven author that he does not plan to sign up for Google's altitude.api, which would probably be required to do what you want. There is an open source alternative to Google's altitude.api but it requires programming in Linux, which Maven apparently doesn't use.

I do know that you can import the .srt file from a Maven mission that you have already run into DroneViewer (a free online app), then save it as a .kml file to view the path in Google Earth. The altitude of the path line will be off, though, since the height-above-takeoff info from the .srt file will get added to the terrain elevation in Google Earth.

Supposedly you will soon be able to import a saved Litchi mission into Maven (should you for some reason desire to do so), and Litchi can preview a mission.

Maybe others here know more about all of this.

I assume you mean viewing a saved Maven mission in Google Earth, and I don't know the answer to that. I suspect not, since I know from an earlier email correspondence with the Maven author that he does not plan to sign up for Google's altitude.api, which would probably be required to do what you want. There is an open source alternative to Google's altitude.api but it requires programming in Linux, which Maven apparently doesn't use.

I do know that you can import the .srt file from a Maven mission that you have already run into DroneViewer (a free online app), then save it as a .kml file to view the path in Google Earth. The altitude of the path line will be off, though, since the height-above-takeoff info from the .srt file will get added to the terrain elevation in Google Earth.

Supposedly you will soon be able to import a saved Litchi mission into Maven (should you for some reason desire to do so), and Litchi can preview a mission.

Maybe others here know more about all of this.
Yes I meant viewing a saved mission in Maven. I use Airdata to visualize my completed missions and I get a multitude of information about these missions. I also use Litchi but for my Mini and Air2 (beta) it is not yet functional. Thanks for your reply and I will test Droneviewer p.s. I am from Quebec and playing golf in your state Az it's wonderful

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bertmag