DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Maven, Litchi, Dronelink, stand alone apps?

IMADMAN

Reactions
I'm not sure if I missed the information? Are any of the above apps a stand alone? Or do they all require to be used in conjunction with a DJI app?

Litchi is stand alone, don't know about the others.
BUT check whether or not they work with your drone BEFORE YOU buy. Checking after the fact is a bit late.

Reactions: Sitania
They're all stand alone apps. In fact it's recommended if you are using any of them to make sure the Fly app or the Go 4 app (which ever one you use) is stopped first.
Also what was mentioned above my post. Make sure your drone is compatible with them first.

Like @Tufargon said... Standalone apps. Check for compatibility.
Having said that, each offers different features. IMO Litchi has the most features, including FPV flight if you have some VR goggles. I also like to be able to program missions at home and fly them virtually before flying it out in the field. I have Maven, which I haven't used much yet and found previous versions of Dronelink to twist my brain up and was never able to use it successfuully. Also, if you're into FPV another great app for those supported drones is DroneVR. None of them are expensive.

Reactions: mereflyer
If you want to "dabble" in the world if pre-planned flights, Litchi is fine. But if you're serious about learning to program and map a complex flight path with waypoints, etc then get DroneLink....you will want to program a flight on a large computer screen for accuracy.

BTW, both of these standalone programs allow you to do a tighter orbit around a landmark than the DJI Fly app allows...

One thing I like about Litchi vs Dronelink, is that you can use Litchi in whatever capacity you want. Dronelink on the other hand, does have a similar one-time price option (different features at the 25, 50, and 100$ price option) , which you have to pay more if you want mapping , and need to pay the 100 price to support a Mavic 3 (counts as "mavic pro... when they become supported), Inspire, or Phantom. But those prices are only for hobbyist use, if you want to use them for commercial ops, then it's starting at $20/month billed annually.

At least with Litchi there's a lot more 3rd party support, tutorials, scripts, etc.

Last edited:
I,ve been using litchi for 7 years give of take months and it has been used on lots of different devices and drones maybe i should keep my mouth shut but it is a great app wouldn,t be doing what I do without it, and I,m not that smart about somethings but i know I can cover alot of ground in a day with LITCHI

If you want to "dabble" in the world if pre-planned flights, Litchi is fine. But if you're serious about learning to program and map a complex flight path with waypoints, etc then get DroneLink....you will want to program a flight on a large computer screen for accuracy.

BTW, both of these standalone programs allow you to do a tighter orbit around a landmark than the DJI Fly app allows...
You're right. And I don't know about recent revisions, but I tried to program a single simple mission with DroneLink on three occasions and never succeeded. It's a pity because in terms of what you can do with it, it holds a lot of promise for those who can grasp the concept of its programming. Litchi has issues with smooth camera transitions, but that's really the extent of its issues IMO. Super easy to program. I also like the virtual flight visulization better than DroneLink's. But that's just me.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twistedpair