DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Maven vs Litchi

vindibona1

Reactions
Democratic Peoples Republic of Crook County
Only recently have I become aware of the Maven app so am curious. I have had the Litchi app for some time as well as Dronelink. I couldn't get to first base with DroneLink so have pretty much stuck to Litchi as a 3rd party app.

Can anyone tell me about Maven and how it compares in function and usability with Litchi? The one thing I'd like to have more control over is how to get Litchi to smoothly transition from POI to POI without the jerkiness that sometimes occurs.

I do love programming Litchi on my computer and doing virtual flights, though I never seem to get the camera angle of view right from the virtual flight to the actual flight. I'm going to have to review the Litchi tutorial. Does Maven have a computer programming method or does one have to do everything on a phone or tablet (I really don't like doing stuff on my smaller screens).

TIA

Reactions: RonanCork
Only recently have I become aware of the Maven app so am curious. I have had the Litchi app for some time as well as Dronelink. I couldn't get to first base with DroneLink so have pretty much stuck to Litchi as a 3rd party app.

Can anyone tell me about Maven and how it compares in function and usability with Litchi? The one thing I'd like to have more control over is how to get Litchi to smoothly transition from POI to POI without the jerkiness that sometimes occurs.

I do love programming Litchi on my computer and doing virtual flights, though I never seem to get the camera angle of view right from the virtual flight to the actual flight. I'm going to have to review the Litchi tutorial. Does Maven have a computer programming method or does one have to do everything on a phone or tablet (I really don't like doing stuff on my smaller screens).

TIA
You can program your flights in the Litchi Mission Hub, export the CSV file, and import that file into the Maven app.

Helpful video on the process here:

Only glitch right now is Litchi changed the heading title for longitude from "lon" to "lo". If you don't change the header to "lon" the Maven app will crash. This is a simple edit to do so no big deal. Maven is working on a fix but until then, you need to edit the CSV file.

I have not used Litchi so I can't say much in regards to comparison. Have been contemplating buying the Litchi app, too...after my Mini 2 comes back from repair following an encounter with a tree.

You can program your flights in the Litchi Mission Hub, export the CSV file, and import that file into the Maven app.

Helpful video on the process here:

Only glitch right now is Litchi changed the heading title for longitude from "lon" to "lo". If you don't change the header to "lon" the Maven app will crash. This is a simple edit to do so no big deal. Maven is working on a fix but until then, you need to edit the CSV file.

I have not used Litchi so I can't say much in regards to comparison. Have been contemplating buying the Litchi app, too...after my Mini 2 comes back from repair following an encounter with a tree.
the last Maven update 3.11.4 fixed the header problem, no more need to edit the CSV file

the last Maven update 3.11.4 fixed the header problem, no more need to edit the CSV file
I have used Litchi, Dronelink, and Maven. Maven is absolutely splendid as a third-party app and head and shoulders above the others, as far as I am concerned. Maven is constantly being updated to add additional features or to refine those already in the app. The developer responds quickly and politely to questions and suggestions. The Litchi Mission Hub is useful for setting up a mission but refinement in Maven after importing it makes everything better.

Reactions: Lecheeb and RobertR
I,m still finding all the stuff that litchi is able to do , don,t need to be confused by compilcation

I have used Litchi, Dronelink, and Maven. Maven is absolutely splendid as a third-party app and head and shoulders above the others, as far as I am concerned. Maven is constantly being updated to add additional features or to refine those already in the app. The developer responds quickly and politely to questions and suggestions. The Litchi Mission Hub is useful for setting up a mission but refinement in Maven after importing it makes everything better.
Does Maven work with Android yet? I thought it was iOS only?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fbri7