DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MAVIC 2 CE to FCC (Android)

This method also works on MP1, it might also be used in Phantom series, but haven't tried it yet.

I tried it and it displays signal strength correctly, but I'm not so sure if this is actually working.

I register absolutely no difference to CE Mode. Still only 1 KM / 0,62 Miles Range in my Area (lots of Forrest).

Could it be that M2 silently switches back to CE Mode while in Air whithout displaying it correctly?

I tried it and it displays signal strength correctly, but I'm not so sure if this is actually working.

I register absolutely no difference to CE Mode. Still only 1 KM / 0,62 Miles Range in my Area (lots of Forrest).

Could it be that M2 silently switches back to CE Mode while in Air whithout displaying it correctly?
Same day and location:Comb02022019094307.jpeg

I also use 4.3.12
I downloaded your yt videos and followed it many times to get everything right I hope.

Then I tried to reproduce the steps I could identify in the video on my redmi note 5 step by step starting from a clean DJI GO 4 (4.3.12) app installation + Log in with these

INSTALLATION steps:

Dji Go 4 App: map selection and download

airplane mode on

Fake GPS configuration done
(enabling usb debugging & selecting fake gps had been done already last year for my spark fcc mod which had worked **** well and I had assumed would work for Mavic 2)

Flight preparation steps:
check airplane on

★ start fake gps
★ move to Ohio
★ press "play"

★ RC on
★ Dji Go 4 App
★ select Mavic 2 Zoom
★ open Camera view

★ Drone on
★ cover GPS on top of gimbal with left hand
★ wait in App for connection
★ open HD Menu
★ image transmission status
(showed a line below / around 4 km)
★ motor on (hold both stick down towards)
★ check if right map & RTH point set
★ Take off

The good: I am sure things had changed - unfortunately to the worse, cause CEE in 120 m hight allows me 1.250m flights in my reference direction.

Now in "FCC" or whatever mode I got I could go up straight and video transmission went grey at 100m and broke around 110m above RTH. Never had seen such a grey screen before and a broken transmission at hight 110m above me - which scared me.

So I went down to 90m and started flying down my reference path. After 350m
I reached the point where the screen went grey again, around 700m I had breaks during turning gimbal, but I could fly further - about 150m without current image of cause.

This mod had started and felt right even though I find it difficult to find a way to cover gps and get into image transmission menu at the same time and to get a quick motor start. RTH always worked for coming back but I did not notice the RTH set message in the beginning.

But: the overall result is a bit disappointing

That's why I ask if I had found another, even worser than CE mode for whatever reason.

My reference goes over normal suburb family houses into the green ... no obstacles between RC & Drone on its flight.

Hope for any point I could have missed or mixed or done wrong.

Thanks

My "change" ended in an even worser result, 350 m lower range. But image transmission showed the line around 4km ...

Reactions: zxr234 and JoMe
I downloaded your yt videos and followed it many times to get everything right I hope.

Then I tried to reproduce the steps I could identify in the video on my redmi note 5 step by step starting from a clean DJI GO 4 (4.3.12) app installation + Log in with these

INSTALLATION steps:

Dji Go 4 App: map selection and download

airplane mode on

Fake GPS configuration done
(enabling usb debugging & selecting fake gps had been done already last year for my spark fcc mod which had worked **** well and I had assumed would work for Mavic 2)

Flight preparation steps:
check airplane on

★ start fake gps
★ move to Ohio
★ press "play"

★ RC on
★ Dji Go 4 App
★ select Mavic 2 Zoom
★ open Camera view

★ Drone on
★ cover GPS on top of gimbal with left hand
★ wait in App for connection
★ open HD Menu
★ image transmission status
(showed a line below / around 4 km)
★ motor on (hold both stick down towards)
★ check if right map & RTH point set
★ Take off

The good: I am sure things had changed - unfortunately to the worse, cause CEE in 120 m hight allows me 1.250m flights in my reference direction.

Now in "FCC" or whatever mode I got I could go up straight and video transmission went grey at 100m and broke around 110m above RTH. Never had seen such a grey screen before and a broken transmission at hight 110m above me - which scared me.

So I went down to 90m and started flying down my reference path. After 350m
I reached the point where the screen went grey again, around 700m I had breaks during turning gimbal, but I could fly further - about 150m without current image of cause.

This mod had started and felt right even though I find it difficult to find a way to cover gps and get into image transmission menu at the same time and to get a quick motor start. RTH always worked for coming back but I did not notice the RTH set message in the beginning.

But: the overall result is a bit disappointing

That's why I ask if I had found another, even worser than CE mode for whatever reason.

My reference goes over normal suburb family houses into the green ... no obstacles between RC & Drone on its flight.

Hope for any point I could have missed or mixed or done wrong.

Thanks
Please make sure again as shown below:Comb21022019073716.jpeg

Reactions: Wolfgang WAB
Does this still work on the newly released firmware V01.00.0510 and DJI Go 4.3.24+ ?
I'm on FW V01.00.0400 and DJI Go 4.3.16 and it really seems to increase the range.

Last edited:
So, we need to do all these steps each time we're going to fly ??

Or just did it once and it got FCC enabled afterward ??

You need to repeat it on every start. But it's really easy, if you got used to it after doing it 5 times or so. It definitely works on 0400. If it doesn't work for you. Try resetting the DJI Go 4 App completely. It may cache some information and not activate FCC mode if you e.g. just changed your battery and fly again.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143