DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 FCC hack working but..

stuuk

Reactions
Hi all
I know I'm a little late to the party but I just managed to buy my first Mavic 2 Pro.
As with all my drones in the UK I try to run some kind of FCC hack for video feed reliability.

It seems the FakeGPS method is working with the M2P although to enable it requires a bit of a run around arming the bird while still blanking the gps antenna etc and it has to be done before each flight.
It also seems to be the case that DJI cottoned on to this hack and did something on DJI Go 4 4.3.46 which allows it to change power mode even after the bird is armed as the power reverts back to CE levels as soon as the on board gps fixes its position. It doesnt do this on DJI Go 4 4.3.37 for example so I have reverted to that for the time being.

My question is aside from the laborious FakeGPS method and the two paid programs which can give FCC mode is there a free and cleaner way to do it?
My old Mavic Pro had the Jackson Mod which was free and permanent, my old Mavic Air had the fakegps mod but you didnt have to re do it before every flight as it stayed in fcc mode. My Air 2S has a pretty simple but solid FCC mod.

Ive searched everywhere but can't seem to find a free and simple FCC mod for the M2P have I missed something?

Thanks

I ended up paying for the Lite Licence at Drone-hacks.com for my MP2, was worth it to not have the hassle of messing around every time I needed to fly it, works like a charm.

Reactions: Sully53
I would have paid for the lite licence but that no longer seems to be an option as it says you need the regular licence for 40 Euros

I have a pretty good solution now which isn't as laborious as I thought it would be.
Once the setup is in FCC mode it seems to be holding it even after a power down.

Only things you have to watch are keep the android device (Moverio BT300 in my case) in airplane mode but navigation can remain on.
Cover gps antenna on bird when switched on. Make sure you arm the bird (props spinning) before it acquires any satellites, so basically only uncover the gps antenna the moment before you start the motors.

Then wait for it to record your home position and as long as you cached the maps you will see the correct current position and home position on the map view.

So no need to run fakegps every time as long as I follow the correct start up sequence

This only works with DJI Go 4 4.3.37.
The later version 4.3.46 will switch back to CE mode even after arming once the bird acquires satellites.
My M2P is currently on the latest firmware 1.00.0740

As the other user mentioned, I also bought the license at Drone Hacks and it is working like a charm. Truly insane range and great signal no matter the distance or the environment, a big step up from CE.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skyscansurveys