DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Pro Battery turns on drone and it wont turn off.

Drewdel5

Reactions
Anyone ever have this happen? I install one of my batteries and the drone turns on immediately, all by itself, flashing four reds. It also wont turn off, I have to remove the battery. This only happens with one battery and just happened yesterday for the first time. Called DJI and they have never heard of such a thing. No crashes and no visible signs of damage on battery(bulging etc).........Thought maybe I put it in while the battery was in self discharge mode but was told by dji that still would'nt happen. Any thoughts?

This issue has been reported here recently (within the past few weeks). That poster was advised to return the battery (which they had just purchased) for a replacement. I don't know when you bought yours, but if it's within the warranty period, I would ask DJI for a replacement (whether they tell you on the phone that they haven't heard of this or not).

Chris

Yikes!!! I would return it or give it a good burial. Lot of current in those things. Nothing to take chances with.

This issue has been reported here recently (within the past few weeks). That poster was advised to return the battery (which they had just purchased) for a replacement. I don't know when you bought yours, but if it's within the warranty period, I would ask DJI for a replacement (whether they tell you on the phone that they haven't heard of this or not).

Chris
Hey Chris, thanks. Ya the battery came as part of the fly more package and is less than 2 months old.

As others have said send it back for a replacement.
Even if DJI hadn't heard of the problem before (but they have) there is a first time for everything.
Don't take no for an answer.

Ive got a similar issue - a new battery (to replace loads of swollen ones). Its done maybe 10 flights.
The on/off doesnt work any more- the battery is always on. Put it in the drone it turns on immediately,cant be turned off short of pulling the battery.
Volt meter confirms the battery is always on.
No swelling, cracking or any obvious physical damage. They've asked me to return it so i'll do that this week.

Reactions: SmilingOgre
I had one of mine do this yesterday. It worked perfectly for (7) flights. Yesterday I put it into the aircraft and it powered on without pressing the power button. I went through the app and had no errors/warnings etc. I flew for a couple of minutes and landed. Upon landing I immediately noticed a "Hot Plastic" smell and the battery was very hot to the touch at the rear near the contacts area.

I'm taking it back to Best Buy tomorow to get it replaced.

I had one of mine do this yesterday. It worked perfectly for (7) flights. Yesterday I put it into the aircraft and it powered on without pressing the power button. I went through the app and had no errors/warnings etc. I flew for a couple of minutes and landed. Upon landing I immediately noticed a "Hot Plastic" smell and the battery was very hot to the touch at the rear near the contacts area.

I'm taking it back to Best Buy tomorow to get it replaced.
I'm wondering if Best Buy took the battery back? I developed this problem on a shoot Friday. Battery will not turn off. Bought at Best Buy 7 months ago.

I'm wondering if Best Buy took the battery back? I developed this problem on a shoot Friday. Battery will not turn off. Bought at Best Buy 7 months ago.

Yes they took it back but it was only 2 weeks old. 7 months is well outside of DJI's warranty and Best Buy's return policy.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan