DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Pro Camera Cable Replacement

Smurf

Reactions
Hello,
so recently I managed to crash my drone into a pole while flying backwards. Somehow the drone stayed up in the air like nothing happened, the back looks almost undamaged, but the front is where it gets bad, especially the camera assembly. In the attached photos you can see that some parts have cracked. The drone works perfectly, except for the camera, which doesn't work at all. Right after the crash the image got glitched and a second later I lost image transmission. The camera module itself seems to be fine from a first look, only one scratch on it. So my suspicion (and hopefully the correct one) is that the crack in the gimbal damaged the delicate cable that is connecting the camera to the main board. Also, the motor connecting the two gimbal parts together feel glitchy, not smooth like the others. In order for me to confirm that, I need to get the cable out. That's where it gets tricky. You can find the gimbal motor assembly and the cable on eBay for like $40 (while the whole assembly being $700, yikes), but I have no idea how I would go about removing the cable. After unscrewing the small PCB I can see that the cable goes through the PCB and connects on the other side, but that side has a protective shield glued to it. I have no idea how I'd go about removing that shield and/or getting the cable out and testing it. I really don't want to spent $700 on this so any help is much appreciated.

EDIT: Found someone who had a similar issue but with the Zoom, I will try following the steps posted there and update you.

IMG_20190606_230926.jpgIMG_20190606_231014.jpgIMG_20190606_231127.jpgIMG_20190606_231247.jpgIMG_20190606_231301.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20190606_231301.jpg
    IMG_20190606_231301.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Ok, so I have tried several more things, including taking off the cap that's covering the motor, but it doesn't want to come off. I have no idea how in the world I'm supposed to access that internal camera connector, open for suggestions. Thanks.

You might want to look at this thread. You might be able to get some help if you look him up separately.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MoBeeshy