DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Pro- fly more package

bburnett15

Reactions
DONT GET IT!
i dont have a “cigarette lighter” or equivalent in my car- so that item is a throw away.
the bag will not hold the Mavic 2 pro and everything you need with it. I dont know how to store both the mavic pro and the controller and the 2 spare batteries.
i wouldve done Better to just buy two batteries and a corrrctly sized case.
please learn from my mistake!

I totally agree with you bburnett15
I can understand DJI wanting to pack everything in a small bag but not that small.
I did attempt to use the Fly More bag but thought I was going to brake my M2P if I forced it in.
I even resorted to stuffing something in the bag in an attempt to stretch it out a little but gave up, I keep the charger in it & use the backpack I converted.

Reactions: zeusfl
I totally agree with you bburnett15
I can understand DJI wanting to pack everything in a small bag but not that small.
I did attempt to use the Fly More bag but thought I was going to brake my M2P if I forced it in.
I even resorted to stuffing something in the bag in an attempt to stretch it out a little but gave up, I keep the charger in it & use the backpack I converted.
68B8B4F1-F17E-422F-9210-1A2BB607DE68.jpeg

Reactions: Deleted Member 997
DONT GET IT!
i dont have a “cigarette lighter” or equivalent in my car- so that item is a throw away.
the bag will not hold the Mavic 2 pro and everything you need with it. I dont know how to store both the mavic pro and the controller and the 2 spare batteries.

I found this video helpful
that being said I ended up purchasing a different bag - reason being I seemed to always be remove everything from the bag to get what ever it was I needed.

Reactions: bburnett15
DONT GET IT!
I bought it for that batteries and extra stuff. But your right, the bags are worthless. My kids play with them now. I'm custom cutting a pelican case for everything

I've barely had a Mavic 2 Pro for 2 weeks now. I got it with the Smart controller and bag etc and as noted above, I've found that its fit inside the bag, along with a Smart controller is a bit tight, to say the least - especially when you've got a couple of batteries in the side pouches.

I've also got a Mavic 1 with its similar but even tighter shoulder bag.

With the Mavic 1, I did buy a case that would take the Mavic, batteries, controller and a few other bits and pieces (but not enough room for the charger & mains leads), but the big let down with that is that to get anything out of the case, it has to be held level or placed on a hard surface to open, swop batteries etc - or you need 3 hands.

At present, I'm looking for a shoulder bag that can be accessed whilst on your shoulder and you don't need to find somewhere to put it whilst you look through things.

If only dji had made their bags a few centimeters bigger!!

I was hopeful after seeing the video and i was able to fit things better- then i took it out today To see if there was any difference in the new propellers and they are the same. When I folded it up and went to put it back in, it wax a surgically tight fit and i noticed a couple of the props were a little bent! Screw it! Its not worth the trouble or the possible damage!

Will have to disagree with you there, my bag I can easily fit in 3 batteries, the drone and controller no problem. Two of the batteries fit in the side pockets no problem.

as for your car not having a cig charger, that’s an issue personal to you. I can sit in my car and charge one battery whilst using the other two. By the time I’ve used battery 2 and 3, battery 1 is back to full charge, it’s perfect.

if you’re not very good at playing Tetris withyour Mavic and the bag, there’s YouTube videos on the beat way to fit them all in the bag without issue.

I've barely had a Mavic 2 Pro for 2 weeks now. I got it with the Smart controller and bag etc and as noted above, I've found that its fit inside the bag, along with a Smart controller is a bit tight, to say the least - especially when you've got a couple of batteries in the side pouches.

I've also got a Mavic 1 with its similar but even tighter shoulder bag.

With the Mavic 1, I did buy a case that would take the Mavic, batteries, controller and a few other bits and pieces (but not enough room for the charger & mains leads), but the big let down with that is that to get anything out of the case, it has to be held level or placed on a hard surface to open, swop batteries etc - or you need 3 hands.

At present, I'm looking for a shoulder bag that can be accessed whilst on your shoulder and you don't need to find somewhere to put it whilst you look through things.

If only dji had made their bags a few centimeters bigger!!

Ahhhh, but DJI did make a bigger bag (For Mavic 2 enterprise) Link below. I got the fly more for the cost advantage of the supplied contents. But I also got a SC combo so the stock bag isn't going to cut it as I have 4 batteries. So I went with a Smatree case (Pictures) holds either stock or SC controllers.

Attachments

• 20200927_095724[1].jpg
    20200927_095724[1].jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 7
  • 20200927_104229[1].jpg
    20200927_104229[1].jpg
    705.7 KB · Views: 6
Ahhhh, but DJI did make a bigger bag (For Mavic 2 enterprise) Link below. I got the fly more for the cost advantage of the supplied contents. But I also got a SC combo so the stock bag isn't going to cut it as I have 4 batteries. So I went with a Smatree case (Pictures) holds either stock or SC controllers.

Looks great- Thank you!

In hindsight the M2 Fly More kit isn't a very good value as the components other than the batteries and props are not as good as some 3rd party components. I was fortunate to be able to negotiate the price with a dealer who must remain unidentified and got the kit for near the price of the two batteries alone. But in hindsight there are better purchase alternatives if you can't get a discount on the fly more. It helps to buy the drone at the same time. But keep in mind that 2 batteries will be almost $300 on their own. Then you'll want a multi-battery charger and some spare props. And then the case.

The case sucks for the M2 but is actually the right size for a Mini, which I use it for on occasion. A better multi battery charger, though not as compact, is the Hanatora for $55 usd Hanatora charger for M2 That one has both charge and discharge and storage mode. Props are about $30 for a complete set.

Exactly! I Need to purchase acase That i can store all my Mavic 2 gear in. The case i got for my mavic air Holds everything with room for more. i can even out my iPad in it when i Want to bring it.

Here is the direction I went with my case, even though I had the Fly More one... The Dacckit case for $37. It is a SEMI- rigid case. So it's not waterproof or Gorilla-proof, but it is a solid case for everyday use. It holds a M2 and controller, can take up to 6 batteries and has room for charger and accessories Dacckit Case $37 . It is super easy to carry, just small enough to fit in my backpack if needed. It doesn't have the bulk or the weight of the Pelican-type cases but offers very good protection unless you jump on it, run over it with your car or hand it over to United Airlines for their people to toss it around ... But wait, there's more.

I knew there might be times where I'd want that waterproof/gorilla-proof case. And those cases can tend to be pricey. I was shocked at now much custom cut cases cost. But the Apache 3800, often discounted by 20% at Harbor Freight Tools cost me $32. Interestingly, if you need that protection the Dacckit foam insert fits almost perfectly in the 3800 (see photo).... and there is still more. Because I have a semi-rigid case for my Mini I am able to put the Mini's insert in the 3800 and have (since photo below) custom cut additional foam padding so I can carry both my Mini and my M2 in this one case! Total cost: $69 (not including $17 for the Mini's case). Dacckit_AmazonPic.JPG

Apache 3800 at Harbor Freight Tools

M2PCase.jpgApacheCase_3800v2.jpg

In hindsight the M2 Fly More kit isn't a very good value as the components other than the batteries and props are not as good as some 3rd party components. I was fortunate to be able to negotiate the price with a dealer who must remain unidentified and got the kit for near the price of the two batteries alone. But in hindsight there are better purchase alternatives if you can't get a discount on the fly more. It helps to buy the drone at the same time. But keep in mind that 2 batteries will be almost $300 on their own. Then you'll want a multi-battery charger and some spare props. And then the case.

The case sucks for the M2 but is actually the right size for a Mini, which I use it for on occasion. A better multi battery charger, though not as compact, is the Hanatora for $55 usd Hanatora charger for M2 That one has both charge and discharge and storage mode. Props are about $30 for a complete set.

Here is the direction I went with my case, even though I had the Fly More one... The Dacckit case for $37. It is a SEMI- rigid case. So it's not waterproof or Gorilla-proof, but it is a solid case for everyday use. It holds a M2 and controller, can take up to 6 batteries and has room for charger and accessories Dacckit Case $37 . It is super easy to carry, just small enough to fit in my backpack if needed. It doesn't have the bulk or the weight of the Pelican-type cases but offers very good protection unless you jump on it, run over it with your car or hand it over to United Airlines for their people to toss it around ... But wait, there's more.

I knew there might be times where I'd want that waterproof/gorilla-proof case. And those cases can tend to be pricey. I was shocked at now much custom cut cases cost. But the Apache 3800, often discounted by 20% at Harbor Freight Tools cost me $32. Interestingly, if you need that protection the Dacckit foam insert fits almost perfectly in the 3800 (see photo).... and there is still more. Because I have a semi-rigid case for my Mini I am able to put the Mini's insert in the 3800 and have (since photo below) custom cut additional foam padding so I can carry both my Mini and my M2 in this one case! Total cost: $69 (not including $17 for the Mini's case). View attachment 113925

Apache 3800 at Harbor Freight Tools

View attachment 113919View attachment 113920
This is awesome! Exactly what im looking for with the flexibility to hold more (like the Mavmount). And i can leave the sticks on the controller! I dont want to have to put sticks on and take them off every time. Thank you!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
juanfraf